Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No time for anything wahhh
Hi y'all. Guess working full time and schooling it full time caught up to me. I'm exhausted. Cranky. Might sound shallow but I feel myself getting uglier. This is all going downhill for this one year.

But anyways, this weekend I was driving back to my city to buy a new car. I've been driving my fathers as soon as he got it. But then I just decided to buy my mom's 2009 Murano for 5grand. Was that a mistake? Should I put the title under my name?

I did this because I don't want to be committed for 6 years. And I want to move to New York.

I'll trade you lives.

Mind, mine comes with extra perks, such as chronic pain, abject poverty and being tortured by my roommate every Sunday morning with the horrors of the stench of fresh baked goods (cookies and cakes).

:biggrin:

Reality is that a person cannot endure constant unrelieved stress for long periods of time.

Read this article and pay special attention to the list of symptoms. If you are displaying these symptoms then it may be time for you to seriously reconsider what it is your doing and try to figure out how to cut down on the demands on your system. One (perhaps the best) option is to reduce your class load and aim to stretch it out over a bit more time in order to maintain the job.

As for buying a car. I don't know the car, I can't kick its tires, test drive it, listen to the motor, I don't even know how many miles it has. So I can't tell you if 5K for it is a good deal or a bad deal. However $5k for a 2009 car that is in good condition is about right, falls well within the nominal parameters of 'value'.

One thing you can do is check with insurance companies and see what their 'totaled' estimate is for that make, model and year. The 'totaled' value - meaning how much damage the car can sustain and insurance not covering it, closely relates to is depreciating value over time. Thus if the insurance company covers $4500-$5500 on that year,make and model you know that the outlay cost of $5k is about right.

Kelley Blue Book is where insurance companies go to find the 'value' of a car for this year.

There is also CarFax which is supposed to report on the vehicles history. I assume based on insurance claims made against it. This is all fine and well, but there is always a chance that a car was totaled and no claim was made and someone paid out of pocket for the damages. Not that bad if its only body damage, a potential road hazard nightmare if the frame got bent.

Lastly, take time to remind yourself to breath.

oreosplz93 Wrote:Hi y'all. Guess working full time and schooling it full time caught up to me. I'm exhausted. Cranky. Might sound shallow but I feel myself getting uglier. This is all going downhill for this one year. ...
How can we cheer you up? It really is difficult. Cut yourself some slack. What you're doing is perhaps one of the most difficult things you'll ever do in your life.

I don't know where the "I feel myself getting uglier" is coming from. I've seen you, you're a very handsome (I want to say cute and sexy) young man. WAADAYATALKNABOUT??? You're just tired and worn out. Don't project your frustration onto yourself -- or your self image. On the contrary, you should be giving yourself strokes and pats on the back for trying to do what is almost impossible… work a job and get an education at the same time. You need to be giving yourself enough *relaxation* time as you can. I don't' mean going out with friends… I mean just letting yourself lie down and sleep if need be. That's when the body and mind repair themselves from the stresses of life. I know you're younger and can handle way more stress than I can BUT, the truth is, it does take its toll… no matter how old you are.

So, go easy on yourself, K? And don't be afraid to come here and tell us or ask for emotional support or advice!

Wavey

When you mention "getting ugly", I suspect you're referring to your disposition and not your appearance. I remember my last year of college when I was doing the same, school full time and working full time. By semester break I was cranky, short-tempered, irritable, sarcastic and occasionally homicidal. This, too, shall pass...

As for putting the car title in your name, it depends on your age and the insurance laws in your state. In some states, under 21 drivers pay ridiculously high insurance premiums. Check the info for your state.

Good luck! From the perspective of having lived through it, it turned out to be worth it.