Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
None
Wednesday evening I had a few seizures. Somewhere between 5 and 11 pm. The last clear memory I have is around 4pm when I was making dinner. I do not recall an aura but then I do not recall finishing cooking, eating, doing dishes, sending the roommate off to work either.

Somehow I managed to fall between the sofa and the coffee table – I hit my head on the coffee table, kind of tore a bit of scalp. It only required 5 suture. My ex/roommate found me on the floor seizing thus called 911 and I got to spent the night and most of thursday in hospital.

I had at least 5 grandmal (fall on the floor type fits), 1 at home (at least), 1 took place in the ambulance, the other 3 took place at hospital. Mixed in there are ‘many’ absence seizures that the nurses/doctors reported on.

They filled me full of antiseizure drugs. Kept me for observation, and I have been informed that my drivers license will be pulled (again, I’ve done this before) thus I have at least 6 months without driving to look forward too – if I can convince a doctor I’m no longer having seizures then.

They say I have a slight concussion too… Which that may account for the nausea and dizziness a little coupled with the drugs which act much like a chemical lobotomy halve of my mind has steped back (to conneticuit I think). My eyes are unfocused a bit - even with my reading glasses on I cant make it out.

I spend Thursday in a doped up haze, mixed with a bit of pain and tiredness. I have slept maybe 22 of the past 24 hours. I think I’ll spending the week end feeling like crap too.

I bruised/strained an ankle (it looks far worse than it feels) and of course a head wound tends to gush blood. I guess the blood was partly coagulated whne my roommate arrived aarrived, which means I was on the floor for a couple of hours.

Blood soaked the rug (so much for scotch-guard repelling stains), got some splatters on the couch… I’m sure it looked real bad, judging from the rug.

I’m not expecting to be able to get back on all the pms in my folder… Not that I don’t care, I’m just hald out of it right now.

Maybe mondya I’ll reply.

Bighug Safe hugs.

I'm glad you're back.

Take it easy and try to stay safe.

No aura is scary.

Just take care of you.

Sorry to hear that. :frown:

Bighug

Hope you recover soon. Do you normally have seizures?

Pix Wrote:Sorry to hear that. :frown:

Bighug

Hope you recover soon. Do you normally have seizures?

No... Well yes... however I am usually very aware of the grandmal getting an aura thus I find a safe place to lay down. I don't think I had an aura, if I had I would have laid down in the middle of the floor not on the couch I fell off a couch during a seizure once before so I lernt my lesson.

I was on heavy doses of mind alterning substances prescribed by doctors to 'treat' the seizures - so as soon as they signed off on my liscence I slowly cut back and dealt with them my own way.

I have forms of seizures, absence and grandmal being the primary ones we thik. Typically I have been having about one grandmall per year - I have no idea how many absence ones (they only last a second and I don't fall, or have a fit just sort of blank out) .

having several grandmal in one day is not something I have done very often - and that last was way back when I was under a lot of stress.

Back in my late 20's I was have something on the order of 16-20 grandmal a month... They yanked my license when my boss sent me to the ER (via an abulance) and it took two years to get my license back with liberal doses of lying.

Through my 30's and my 40's until now its been relatively quiet - about one a year, some times two... I do get hanging auras - where all I get is the sensations and olfactory hallucination(s).

I think its the recent stresses in my life catching up to me..

Wishing you well Bowyn

Remybussi Feel better soon! Scary OP!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Get well soon!

Omg I'm glad you're ok now, take care of yourself Bowyn Bighug

God, that's scary. Glad to hear you're ok and hope you feel better soon.

The brain is such a powerful and terrifying piece of hardware.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you but I'm glad you are home safe and I hope you don't have any more.........................
Take care and rest up.