Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob from the Pacific Northwest
Hi all. I'm not sure where to start...

I was looking around the net for a good forum to join. Most gay sites are nothing but hookup sites. That's not strictly what I'm looking for. I want social interaction and discussion. When I found this site a few weeks ago, I wound up reading the threads for hours. I've been back a few times since and have finally decided to join up.

As for me, I'm still in the closet. Mostly due to my parents. It's kind of sad I've never told them I was gay. Especially since I'm now 35 years old. You'd think they would get a clue since I've never had a girlfriend. Either they know I'm gay or refuse to acknowledge it. They are heavily religious and never say any thing nice about homosexuality.

I live here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. A little bit north of Seattle in Washington state to be more specific. I'm a native to the area but don't really know any local pro-gay hangouts. The internet has been most unhelpful in the matter. It'd be fun to hang out with more like minded people if I could just find a place.

Craigslist ads for hookups are too scary and I'd prefer to know the person before sleeping with him. Plus I'm a little bit of a germaphobe so a one night stand is a little too risky to catch something in my opinion.

My dating history is pretty sparse. I had a VERY close buddy in high school and I thought we'd be together forever. (At least that's how the teenage mind thinks.) Well my parents and I wind up moving quite a distance away and we stopped seeing each other. Long distance relationships are tough. Last time I saw him was at his wedding to an old female friend of mine several years later. He'd already had a kid with her. I have no idea if she knew her husband was bisexual or not. Any ways, I was and still am happy he found someone to be with.

Fast forward a decade or so and I'm still single. I'm a little shy and don't make friends easily. Sure there have been people who I'd love to date, but I'm so far in the closet, I'm afraid of announcing my homosexuality for fear of loosing what little social life I have. I am very heterosexual acting, (thanks to years of practice due to my parents) and this may be why I've never managed to hook up with another guy. They have absolutely no idea I'm gay.

Things are changing for me though. I'd like to think that by posting this (albeit rather anonymously) on this site is the first step to coming out!

Only other things to mention, I have long hair. I love anime, like playing video games and wrapping up in a warm blanket and watching movies. Also I have a secret piercing and I'm not going to tell you where it is. Confusedmile:

(it's on your bum Big Grin. I'm not even asking, I'm proclaiming. XD lol)

Also a hearty welcome. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome to gs, hope you like it here. Your story sounds like something a lot of folks can relate to. Good luck with coming out. Smile

My bum? That would be uncomfortable when sitting.

Thanks for the welcome Lilitu & Miles!

G Day and welcome to Gayspeak. I reckon our resident paternal figure...Princealbertofb, may have a good guess at where the secret peircing is.

Oh! and I bet you $10 your mum knows....that you are gay, not that you have a PA Wink

dfiant Wrote:Oh! and I bet you $10 your mum knows....that you are gay, not that you have a PA Wink
Perhaps that would explain her hatred for "the gays".

Thanks for the welcome dfiant!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you Counselor. Confusedmile:

wellcome, its good to hear you've come out of the basement and your no longer just lurking in the background reading Tongue

with regards to coming out to your parents, i know a few people's parents who knew but didn't want to be the ones to bring up the conversation, sometimes you have to just bite the bullet

Undreamt Wrote:wellcome, its good to hear you've come out of the basement and your no longer just lurking in the background reading Tongue

Somehow I completely missed that paragraph... :illiterate: