Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nordic countries lead the way?
Personally, I think the Christian/Judaic God is a bit of a Cunt!

God ain't the cunt, it is is so called followers who use the bible and His Name to do all sorts of evil.

Circumcision didn't catch on because one maniac began preaching it. It caught on for the same reason not eating pork caught on with the ancient Jews; because there was a legitimate purpose for it. In the case of pork, it was probably trichinosis and in the case of circumcision it was because of disease. Humans of old often attributed all manner of legitimate concerns to the nature of the divine. Things God said not to do were, likely, just things that people figured out not to do and then attributed it to some divine being. Humans throughout history have done that.

The disease argument is still used today but today we have regular access to bathing facilities so it is less of an issue. Circumcision is one of those issues I come down in the middle on. On the one hand, it is a procedure with risks and most babies don't need it. In addition, it is said to make sex less enjoyable (but I am circumcised and enjoy it so that is one of those subjective bits that doesn't sway one way or the other). On the other hand, it does remove the risk of foreskin fistula and reduces the risk of certain cancers... Which sounds good till you discover that both of those are unlikely as well. In addition, getting it done as an adult as you would need to do for a bad fistula is much worse than for a baby, who won't remember it. So it comes down to a purely philosophical issue for me. Still, Norway has spoken so there it is - what happens in the US or the rest of the world is irrelevant as it is sovereign over it's own laws.