Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normalisation of Rude Behaviour
well being rude, it does not get you anywhere
the sweetest man i met on this forum Person66 is sooo sweet, i bet he is not rude to anyone

Vicious right wing female commentators always portray women as the victims of men. They demand abstinence as normal behavior. They grin and demand a constitutional amendment to ban masturbation. When I was a kid in New York City, all women were told to be polite to men. It worked. Men get horny when they meet a sweet girl.

Today, Gloria Allred is the champion of women. She is as phony in her description of men as predators as her cheap phony eyelashes. Women have changed for the worse. At 66, I get insulted by 8 year old girls when I wobble through the park in the morning. I am now gay and disabled and am rapidly becoming a misogynist because of the truly rude behavior of women. I sit in a lounge in a retirement building. I cringe as I listen to the disgusting gossip of old women. I am getting malaria and try to avoid pushy women.

I think I might find that it is actually the opposite. Older people dish the younger people and visa-versa. But I remember thse conversation 30-40 years ago. Nothing has changed except that technology makes these feeling more evidence.
I spent a number of great years as a cashier in a 24-hour minimarket (not 7-11) and actually very few of the people were actually rude, Most were great and some were outstanding! When I became legally blind I found that actually POLITE was more than RUDE by 100 to 1. (Except for some state services. Those people always have been and forever will be the worst people on the planet!) Even riding mass transit I have had wonderful conversations with other passengers.
Are we looking at stress as being rude? Stress does bring out the bad in people but once that is dealt with I find that the person is really great. I locked horns with a gal one time and she was screamingly bitter. Halfway through the fight I stopped and said, "Feel better now?" She stopped, looked at me and said "Yes! Thank you." We became friends right there on the spot. Every time I go to that office she greets me with, "BOY! Am I glad to see you!" It was then I realized that we project on people and they respond accordingly. Change the way I project and their behavior changes as well. PROVE ME WRONG! Nice begats nice, anger begats anger and anger is EASY to turn off.

From Shakespeare and Homer I think we can all see how people have been rude for a very, very, very, long time.

jimbopdxus Wrote:It was then I realized that we project on people and they respond accordingly. Change the way I project and their behavior changes as well. PROVE ME WRONG! Nice begats nice, anger begats anger and anger is EASY to turn off.

Agreed :-) however...anger is addictive, often subconscious and seekiing of fuel, so sometimes people will misinterpret you to fuel their anger, even still, if you respond differently they may still follow. Its something im working on.