Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norman Wisdom dies at 95.
Norman Wisdom dies aged 95.

Another great comic actor has now taken the final curtain call, Sir Norman Wisdom died on Monday evening at a nursing home on the Isle of Man after suffering a series of strokes in recent months.

Norman Wisdom rose to stardom with a string of hits in the 1950s and 1960s, such as "Trouble in Store" and "A Stitch in Time", which usually involved his cheery character Pitkin as an underdog battling adversity. Wisdom also sang, danced and played musical instruments, but it was his comedy that won the hearts of millions. He went on to appear in 19 films and numerous television comedy series. He was honoured with a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II.

A sad day indeed.Cry

I never heard of him. I'm sure he made a lot of people laugh and was even an inspiration to many people. If he was a grandfather, some people lost a great grandfather. R.I.P. Norman Wisdom.

Rest in Peace Norman Wisdom...

a paltry link doesn't seem to do a man justice, but this made me quite sad -

Was it just me who was under the impression he died some years ago?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Well RIP Norman Wisdom. I don't think I knew his name or his personality, but 95 is a pretty ripe age to depart from the world of the living... for a man. Good show, Norman!