Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Smoking Weed No More
MisterTinkles Wrote:Why anyone would want to take drugs is beyond me (not prescription ones).

Most drugs have an immediate payoff, it feels good. Sure there may be some minor long term effects such as going to hospital, prison, institution or the grave, but the short term effect makes all of those other minor potentials nothing to worry about.

One thing I learned in AA/NA and other such programs of recovery, listening to people go on and on about their whole life story (called sharing) that that most already had an underlying issue and the drug of choice they used alleviated that for a short while.

It feels good. and if you have never tried a drug then you can't possibly understand why people use it.

[SIZE="1"]1) Double negative in title.
2) I thought plants always had both sex organs, and are basically sexless?
3) I would think it saving the world is a logistical impossibility.[/SIZE]

As for the actual subject; although I support legalisation of such drugs, I do think it best people are not taking it frequently. Or in other words, I think your decision beneficial in the long run.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Most drugs have an immediate payoff, it feels good. Sure there may be some minor long term effects such as going to hospital, prison, institution or the grave, but the short term effect makes all of those other minor potentials nothing to worry about.

One thing I learned in AA/NA and other such programs of recovery, listening to people go on and on about their whole life story (called sharing) that that most already had an underlying issue and the drug of choice they used alleviated that for a short while.

It feels good. and if you have never tried a drug then you can't possibly understand why people use it.

Well, I was brought up this way.....
If you dont like something in your life, then you work to change it.
You dont take the cowards way out and just sit on your ass, feeling sorry for yourself, and destroy yourself. You might as well put a gun to your head.

So thats the way I see things.

If things are bad.....you have two feet, use them and walk away.
Keep on walking and walk as long as you need too in order to make things better.

Genersis Wrote:1) Double negative in title.
2) I thought plants always had both sex organs, and are basically sexless?
3) I would think it saving the world is a logistical impossibility.

As for the actual subject; although I support legalisation of such drugs, I do think it best people are not taking it frequently. Or in other words, I think your decision beneficial in the long run.

1) Not smoking it no less either.
2) rarely a fact
3) improbable...it's a huge task but it has not been proven possible or impossible as far as I am aware...but the world is still here so I would be leaning more towards it is possible to save the world.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Why anyone would want to take drugs is beyond me (not prescription ones).

My sister smoked weed for YEARS......I couldnt be around her when she did, that crap smelled like burning garbage!!! She might as well have driven down to the dump and stuck her head in a bonfire full of garbage.

It also made her stupid. Im not talking about just a little "off", Im talking ...
BRAIN DEAD STUPID!!!!!

And she used to be super smart.

Now she's just super dumb.

I'm sorry that it did that to her. I've seen the same thing happen to people. weed isn't everyones cup of tea.

I smoke a lot of weed, i joke about it but i do, and have since i was 12. Im NOT for legalizing it, i wish i had never had that first joint at 12 years old. All my friends who smoked it, have stopped, i cannot live without it, while i agree kid it can open your mind, can also make you think more creative, its also called DOPE for a reason, i think your right at 20 to stop for a time, or stop forever. Achieve some goals first, get into a comftable position in life. Good luck Smile

The problem with cannabis is that the reaction to the product changes a lot from one to another person. For some, it increases a lot risks of depression or schizophrenia while for some others, it is even less dangerous than alcohol. I've read those differences are genetic.

I don't smoke, except with friends once every 6 months maybe. It's fun but that's it.

I think I'm pro legalization, cannabis that a smoker finds would be more supervised, the comsummer would know the THC rate for instance, and it would be less "taboo" and it wouldn't increase the number of weed smokers.

Actually i sort of agree with ekwarph, as were getting on the black market, anyone can tinker with it, at least you get in a shop you know your not smoking plastic. And sometimes, if you smoke weed, you have to deal with people you normally wouldnt

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well, I was brought up this way.....
If you dont like something in your life, then you work to change it.
You dont take the cowards way out and just sit on your ass, feeling sorry for yourself, and destroy yourself. You might as well put a gun to your head.

So thats the way I see things.

If things are bad.....you have two feet, use them and walk away.
Keep on walking and walk as long as you need too in order to make things better.

Am I to assume that that means that you believe things like depression, PTSD, Anxiety and a plethora of other medically recognized 'disorders' are things that people can simply "walk away from"?

These are the sort of things that many addicts and alcoholics are "treating" with their drug of choice. Its called 'self medicating' in the recovery arena because its 'self treatment' of underlying disorders and issues.

I sometimes need to treat myself from reality... Reality after all is the dream u.u but not till I'm 21 at least :p might have a 21st joint u.u