Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure What to Think...
OK, I'm not specially worried at this stage, to be honest, it could just be that things are going to be awkward and that he's the one who feels they are going to be awkward. Maybe he feels uncomfortable knowing he's going to be with the ex boyfriend (not that anything untoward will happen, presumably) and maybe he's trying to preserve you from this. You say your relationship is still quite young and so it may be a little early to make any assumptions. Maybe he needed that moment of privacy with the ex to let him know that he's moved on. He may actually be telling him about you and how much he likes you, and how he's moved on... who knows. Putting closure on the old relationship, if it needs any closure. He doesn't have to show proof of your existence to do this. On the other hand if he's not preserving you, he may be preserving himself, and until you discuss it you won't know his reasons for leaving you out for three days.

However convenient they are, text messages are not all they are cracked up to be and in this modern world we have to re-learn the meaning of patience and that technology doesn't always deliver what it promises. A thousand different reasons could be the ones for which he is not texting you back immediately. Of course your anxiety only grows with time, but does HE know that? Haven't you projected that ultimately cool image of the man who is patient and not jealous and not worried? That's maybe who he thinks you are.
If you ARE really concerned, then phone him. Don't text him. Phone him. Tell him just that you were thinking of him fondly, or something like that and then ask politely what they are up to. And of course, accept his invitation for the dinner; I think he's trying to make it up to you because he must realise that you've missed out on the 'fun'... When you meet again, if you can muster the courage to tell him your worries, then do so, but don't blame. Just let him know how it made you feel. I bet he'll be trying to make it up to you even more, if he really cares about you.
Good luck.
PA

I think it is weird that he hasnt included you in his plans.
Maybe its that he feels shy/ to be seen with you, or it could be that he prefers the ex over you.
Either way, I would prepare for the worst.

Gizzie Wrote:I think it is weird that he hasnt included you in his plans.
Maybe its that he feels shy/ to be seen with you, or it could be that he prefers the ex over you.
Either way, I would prepare for the worst.

This. I totally agree.