Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a very good timing
Fuck like the world is ending tomorrow and live with the memories.

Cinestry Wrote:... I don't think I would want to start something, already knowing it is a dead end....
You already have, sweetheart. It's called LIFE. It's a "dead end" for all of us.

The alternative is something none of us can imagine: absolute nothing.

But what I was suggesting is that you enjoy it for what it is, however you do that. You don't know that the relationship will end when you both go off to school. Maybe. Maybe not. What I meant was you both know that you won't be able to be together regularly for a period of time. Beyond that, who the hell knows?

Why overthink this? What's the problem? Ok, so you'll be going to different schools in different states. SO?

I don't know. Am I missing something?

Rareboy Wrote:Fuck like the world is ending tomorrow and live with the memories.

When I said "enjoy your time with him", this was included.

Lex

The simple truth is, none of us know what's going to happen beyond today. How does that old saying go? ...Men plan and God laughs...

You both clearly want to see where, if anywhere, this will lead...what's the worst that could happen --- maybe you'll grow apart during the separation...trust me, you'll both survive. Sometimes we have to put the what ifs aside and just take a leap of faith and enjoy something while we're able.

MikeW Wrote:Why overthink this? What's the problem? Ok, so you'll be going to different schools in different states. SO?

I think I might have misunderstood your first post, but I get what you're saying now and it definitely makes sense.
Maybe it seems like a big deal to me because I'm so used to living in a small country. Having to drive one hour to get to someone is really far in my eyes, as over here that means being on the complete opposite side of the country, haha. Whereas being in different states in America would be similar to being about 5 countries away. I should probably just put this into a different perspective.

For some reason I had this idea of 'I have to choose between all or nothing right now', while everyone's posts make me see that that's quite a stupid thing to think. I'll definitely talk to him about this soon.

Cinestry Wrote:For some reason I had this idea of 'I have to choose between all or nothing right now', while everyone's posts make me see that that's quite a stupid thing to think. I'll definitely talk to him about this soon.
Exactly!

YAY! Another gay disaster averted! GO GS! GO GS! GO GS! hoot hoot hoot! hahahahaha Tongue3

So yeah, in the US some people commute as much as TWO hours one way just to get to work! :eek: Personally, I've refused to ever do more than one but just saying.

So, yeah. Live it up, dude. You're only young once. Now is THE time to be having these flings. And, yes, it could be more than that. Trust me, I bet no matter how this works out relationship wise, the two of you will more than likely remain apart of one another's lives forever. My first college BF and I still email back and forth occasionally and he's married with two children now older than you are.

Cinestry Wrote:All the things [MENTION=22470]Pyromancer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] say are what I would really want, but I guess that's just my heart speaking. When my head pops up I just feel like those thoughts are too idealistic and then I feel like believing what [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] says would be more honest. Especially the part that says 'You both already know this won't last'. That basically is the one thing that is holding me back. I don't think I would want to start something, already knowing it is a dead end. He doesn't seem like someone who'd go for that either for that matter.

ugh, i hate guys that think like this!! seriously, your feelings are all you have. your connection with another guy is the most important thing that cannot be recreated at will once it's gone, cannot be made to happen with someone else. you have it when you have it and you're supposed to act on it.

it's not idealistic. it's about wanting to be with another person, and there exist fully practical ways of making that happen.

when i meet a guy and connect with him, i ALWAYS, every single time, give it a chance. i pursue him, and i try to build something with him. sure, it doesn't necessarily work out, but i've never regretted giving it a chance.

Quote:The text basically said that he would like there to be more than just friendship and I agree with this, but then the idea of 'but it seems to be only temporary' keeps coming back.
I did tell him this as a reply to that text. He said he thinks it would work and that he would love to at least give it a shot,

what the hell are you waiting for? really, you should at least give it a try. i don't understand the point of holding yourself back because of something that may or may not happen. it may be temporary, what if it's the real deal? you won't know if you never give it a chance.

and even if it's not the real deal, it's still stupid to hold yourself back for tiny little things that should never be of any concern at all. you'd need a physical disability happen to me to stop me from taking a chance under the same circumstances.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] thanks for kicking my ass, seems like I needed it and it worked haha.

I didn't really want to bring this whole thing up because I honestly really expected to hear that I should just let it go and forget about it all. I guess I wanted to avoid hearing things that seemed to make more sense to my head while I didn't want them to be confirmed. Overthinking is my weakness Tongue
Anyway you guys all said the complete opposite of what I expected and I'm convinced Smile I just spoke to him on the phone and he sounded happy with he idea of just still meeting up and seeing where things go. Thanks everyone really!

Love has a tendency to crop up in your life when you least want or need it - and then it does this sorta creepy thing of sneaking up behind you and then bashing your brains out with the love bat.

That is the nature of love.

What do you do? I can't tell you what to do - you can decide to follow your heart or you can follow your logic centers.

On a different note: People tend to regret most those things which they didn't do. For instance my deepest regret is Bradley... No I didn't do him.....

Cinestry Wrote:@meridannight thanks for kicking my ass, seems like I needed it and it worked haha.

no problem. any time. good luck with him. Smile
''Do I look civilized to you?''