Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not another Asian thread.
Alright,

Before I signed up to become member here, I read a few of the posts and there was a bunch of posts about Asians. Some of them were asking about their attractiveness, some were about if other guys of other races would consider dating an Asian guy.

Well, okay. I'm Asian [Filipino]. And as an Asian dude I've noticed that every time I hang out with my other gay [non-Asian] friends and we go out to a bar or club I always tend to be the guy sitting in the corner nursing my drink while all of them are off somewhere doing who knows what. It's probably cause I'm lame, not cause of me being Asian, lol <__<

I've also noticed that a lot of Classified Ads both online and in paper [for both straight and gay people] that a lot of people aren't looking or don't want to date an Asian person.

I don't get it. Is because we climb coconut tree's, eat rice and put soy sauce on everything? Lol

I'm not bitter at all, I've just noticed it recently and well it never really affected of phased me at all, it's just something that I've been noticing for some time now in the 'Gay Community'.

As they say, "No Fems, fats, or Asian.." Rolleyes Lame..

I know how u feel, man. Maybe they think asian is smart but not good looking like other races.

I think so (hey Im asian, too and I have the same feeling as u do).

It's pretty boring for me. Confusedmile:

I personally think Asian boys are adorable! (Not all of them obviously, but that goes for any ethnicity really).

I think some Asians are good looking, but it's hard to find Asian guys like that. I'm Asian as well. Plus, at that point you are deciding on their looks rather than their personalities. I think one reason could be that we seem more up-tight and hard to talk to?

Honestly in Australia, I have never heard of that issue being a problem here.
I know that a lot of Australian men go partying in the Philippines.

If anything , the Asian community here in Australia are known to frown on a mixed relationship.
Not the other way around.
Something to do with culture I guess.

*sigh* am I the only one with a thing for asains :tongue: I don't know why but to me there are slightly more attractive asains than other racesSmile

Long ago, back when I was in the community/scene the most repeated 'truism' (stereotype) about Asian is that they are pushy and all looking for white boys.

I don't know if this stereotype still persists or not. And I think you already are aware of the other not so nice stereotypes.

Racism does exist inside the LGBT community, while a lot of it has been shoved underground, it still exists. I was shocked to hear what some of my acquaintances had to say at a private party about some people based on skin color. Shocked because as the most hated minority one would think we would have a bit more compassion about differences.

But apparently all of those years of being hated didn't learn some of us empathy and compassion.

Through the years I have watched racists that I knew play nice and act civil and polite, until the person they hated walked out then they would let their true colors shine through.

This and other similar behaviors is why I don't like being in the 'scene'. Those people just ain't nice folk.

Sorry.

I have a Filipino friend, and boy is he attractive! But then there are some Filipinos I would not touch! It's all about the individual for me, looks wise and personality.

human is human ... I don't check what is said on the package.... Confusedmile:

fenris Wrote:human is human ... I don't check what is said on the package.... Confusedmile:

but you do check the package Rofl
I couldn't resist :biggrin: