Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not me.
Last vent before I eat and read my book..

So the last guy that I ever tried having a relationship with, got to know and shared feelings with has a boyfriend now.

We wouldn't have ever worked out. He's always busy and he lives 5+hrs away. And there were a few other things too that made it impossible for us to be together.

It just sucks to find out that he's found someone, and your still at same place as you were. So dejected, and I feel so rejected [even though I probably shouldn't].

This is probably the nail that does it.. I'm done with trying and figuring out the whole relationship thing.

Guys are probably all lame anyways. Oh well..

I found out half an hour after I dumped my ex that he had another BF. Part of the many many reasons I dumped him.

Awww, I'm not lame. Lol
But I'm sorry. Don't feel bad about it. It happens to everyone. The only person I've ever liked has a girlfriend. Just know that it's not you. You seem like an awesome person and there will be someone who will treat you better. I don't really have any words of wisdom or anything. But I hope you don't take what's happened to heart. It's always best to just move on. You never know who you'll meet. I'd give you a hug, but the internet only allows me to do so much. Sooooo, virtual hug it is, *Hugs brybry* lol effective, i know. xD

brybry87 Wrote:Guys are probably all lame anyways. Oh well..

Like all grapes are sour, right? Wink

Never give up! Bighug

brybry87 Wrote:Last vent before I eat and read my book..

So the last guy that I ever tried having a relationship with, got to know and shared feelings with has a boyfriend now.

We wouldn't have ever worked out. He's always busy and he lives 5+hrs away. And there were a few other things too that made it impossible for us to be together.

It just sucks to find out that he's found someone, and your still at same place as you were. So dejected, and I feel so rejected [even though I probably shouldn't].

This is probably the nail that does it.. I'm done with trying and figuring out the whole relationship thing.

I know the feeling. Men were the reason I became a member of the clergy...and err...the reason I eventually left :tongue:

Don't feel too upset. It happens to the best of us. I know it may hurt now, but try taking a chapter from his predicament. I'm sure he was just as distraught as you after the break-up. Everyone feels a little sting of regret over a break up, no matter if you live 5 plus hours away or 5 minutes away - distance doesn't matter.

Do your grieving, there's nothing wrong with that...but don't let it consume your life. Get out there and continue your search for Prince Charming. I've often found that the ones we end up with for good are the diamonds that we spend years sometimes trying to unearth.

You'll find that special relationship...just give it time. Good luck to you Confusedmile:

Hello,
I would say whilst your single enjoy it while it lasts and dont look for love because one day you could be just walking to the shop and before you know it your falling for someone whos driving ya mental and eventually you get into the relationship with that person... I believe being single is a reason to celelbrate and know when my relationships end i celebrate that in itself because it is a end to a new beginning

That's the attitude that will get you nowhere fast.

You are 24. You have a long, long, long life ahead of you.

I had 5 attempts at relationships before I found the man I am currently with (and have been with for 14 years) 4 of those failed spectacularly - Some of those failures included spending in time in traction, police involvement, IRS audits, job losses, Heavy drug use...

It wasn't until I was 31 (almost 32) that I ran into my current partner and we found 'long love'.

Now we are growing old together disgracefully :biggrin:

And no, this relationship is not all easy-peasy, we have had our ups and down, more than a few sessions with couple's counseling. We are both matured and we both are now aware of our 'character defects' thus are more able and willing to work through issues and stay together.

You are 24. By the time you hit 30 your life priorities and even tastes in men will change and this minor episode with this one dude will be nearly nothing to you.

brybry87 Wrote:Last vent before I eat and read my book..

Well....you could look at it in another light and instead of thinking it sucks...be happy for him that he found someone. You can always look at anything in a different light if you want to do so. Remember...you re not in a competition with him. I swear if you choose to be happy for him it is so much easier and kinder to your self....and you will like and respect yourself alot more because of it.

While on the subject of things that suck....Bitterness sucks..it will age you and destroy your spirit and even blind you to other opportunities and eventually bitterness will manifest itself in your life in other destructive ways. So give yourself a nice gift and let it go...and find a way to be happy for the guy. If not for him...for you. .

This guy just wasn't right for you and you weren't right for him, that's life, if we were all destined to meet our soul mate and settle down immediately we would all do it at the same time. I met my now husband when I was 36 after a fair few relationships that had started and ended.