Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not quite sexual guy, I guess..
Well, but these are not real relationships without sex, no? Then we're more like friends, then boyfriends. He's not pressing me for it, I just thought that we probably should be doing it by now already. He has been next to me just in his underwear, but I cannot do the same. I don't consider my body to be beautiful and I don't know what could he possibly like about it.

I've always had a low sex drive. When I was single, most of my time I didn't even think about sex at all.

Yes, I can grow beard and mustache easily. They grow annoyingly fast. I think I've normal height for my age - 178 cm.

Anonymous Wrote:I don't consider my body to be beautiful and I don't know what could he possibly like about

Yes, I can grow beard and mustache easily. They grow annoyingly fast. I think I've normal height for my age - 178 cm.

Don't be silly, you're hot. Atleast to your boyfriend and his opinion is the one that matters.

It doesn't sound like testosterone deficiency then. Consider seeing a doctor - it might be nothing, but I'd say it's uncommon.

Aren't you attracted to your boyfriend? Don't you feel the desire to put your hands on him? Or your lips? Asexuality exists too.

Anonymous Wrote:So my boyfriend and I, we're dating for about four months now. We're both 18 years old and we're also each other's first relationships.

Our relationships are amazing and I'm very happy to have him, but I've noticed something about myself that makes me think about whether I'm right for him. I know that most guys of my age would just jump at sex at every possibility, however not me. When I was single I sometimes thought that my sexual needs must be low, because I only wanted to masturbate one or two times a month. I just didn't feel the need to do it more often. Most of the time I didn't even think about sex, I had a lot of other things to do - school, housework, hobbies. And now, when I'm with him, I realize I just can't do a lot of things. I'm too shy for them. I like it when he plays with my hair, kissing is fine too, but nothing more. When I think about being naked in front of someone, it terrifies me. I like him a lot and I'm attracted to him, but I just cannot bring myself to do more than kissing. Sometimes he lies next to me on the pillow and looks in my eyes and I'm thinking like - am I supposed to do something now? is he waiting for something?

I've not been abused or religious anything like that, it's just who I am. Could it be that I'm just not ready for relationships? Could it be that I'm too young for sexual things? I even offered him to break up, he didn't even want to hear about it. He says he's satisfied with everything between us. He's says he's happy with me. I'm happy with him too, but this is not how relationships should work, right? We're supposed to have sex, right?

Quote:I'm happy with him too, but this is not how relationships should work, right?

Ok. since you know what they shouldn't work like, care to enlighten us how they should work?

Hmm...

Quote:I even offered him to break up, he didn't even want to hear about it. He says he's satisfied with everything between us. He's says he's happy with me.

So the only one unhappy about this situation is you, he on the other hand appears to not mind... So......?

Quote:Sometimes he lies next to me on the pillow and looks in my eyes and I'm thinking like - am I supposed to do something now?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=lovers+deep+gaze+

Lots of sites, pick one and start reading... Staring deeply into the eyes of the person you love doesn't mean sex is expected...

I think the thing you should do is star back... (Many of the sites suggest it).

I think you are just inexperienced in matters of love.

Unfortunately from up here later in life I cannot tell you what you should or shouldn't do in these matters.

See life is about experiences, and somethings we just need to experience in order to learn about.

Since two are talking, there isn't a communication issue. Since he appears to not mind the lack of sex, then that isn't an issue.

You just need to get comfortable with your own skin.... I can't tell you the magic trick to do that - just do it I guess.

Continue to talk with him. But don't beat the dead horse. There is a fine line between checking if we are ok with X in a relationship and being overly needy for reassurances.

AIDS has existed the entire time you have been alive.

SEX=DEATH

It is the elephant in the room.

It is easy to deal with conscious thoughts on any subject but not so easy to deal with the unconscious ones which also happen to be the dominant force that drives so much of what we do and why we do it...

Anonymous Wrote:I don't consider my body to be beautiful and I don't know what could he possibly like about it.

There you have it. Body image issue. This is something that could be work with,probably easier with a psychologist. As for lower sexual drive,yeah,you'll have to consult a doctor for that,but at least you do masturbate few times a month.

AlfredMamza Wrote:There you have it. Body image issue. This is something that could be work with,probably easier with a psychologist. As for lower sexual drive,yeah,you'll have to consult a doctor for that,but at least you do masturbate few times a month.

Totally agree with you Mamza and Twist, I sense a low self-esteem issue there and this can only be fixed if you consult a psychologist to find out where the roots of your issue is. At 18 having a low sex drive is indeed problematic, if you were 50 and more I wouldn't be surprised since the level of testoterone tend to go low, but not at 18, at 18 I was masturbating at least three times a day for 3 days in a row and having sex at least 4 times a week. And even when I met my 19 years old babe at 29 I had to satisfy him on a daily basis.

A relationship doesn't automatically means that you need to have sex, it seems to me that your boyfriend is okay with that or he would have left you a while ago, but do realize that somehow you will need to satisfy his urges. Have you talked with your BF regarding that lack of interest for sex? You might want to let him know because at some point he will expect something from you.

Do check with a doctor Ops, and sign in for few session for self esteem it will only do you good, religion and other social issue aren't always the culprit in people's problem. I have met many people who are just not comfortable with themselves regardless of their social and religious status.

"Aren't you attracted to your boyfriend? Don't you feel the desire to put your hands on him? Or your lips? Asexuality exists too."

I don't know what you mean by being attracted. I like him a lot, he's very cute and we're having great time together, but if you mean the necessity to touch him in all means, then probably no, I don't feel such desire. I mean, it feels great to hug and feel his warmth but when I think about something more, I'm not sure if I want it. Probably it's also because I'm inexperienced in sexual things, it scares me as it's so unfamiliar to me.

Maybe I'm just not ready to have sex? If I would be ready, I probably wouldn't have any doubt and all these questions.

We haven't talked about sex. He's not trying to force me, however when we're together he touches me a lot more than I touch him, but also nothing special, just cuddling, snuggling.

I hate doctors and everything that's connected with medicine. I've had a bad experience when I was a child.

Avoiding sex and doctors because you're not comfortable with them leads me to believe you're not ready for an adult relationship.

Quote:Avoiding sex and doctors because you're not comfortable with them leads me to believe you're not ready for an adult relationship.

Maybe you're right.

Everyone is different, some guys do it more often than others. You don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to, HAVE is a forbidden word when it comes to intimacy and sexuality.