Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not suicidal, just very little will to live life :(
I'm still waiting for Steve Jobs to invent the iFriend - to replace human beings and their many foibles and short comings. The iFriend will come with software that allows one to adjust the parameters of your iFriend's personality to suit your needs/wants. This should shortly follow with the iMate - a personalized gadget that suits your every desire in and out of bed moving humanity beyond the need of human relationships.

Until Steve Jobs invents the iFriend, we have dogs (and for some of us cats), but lets face it cats are not as companionable as dogs - I hold up Mr. Tinkles as example - nice to look at, so soft and cuddly but if you try to approach you are likely to pull back a bloody stump. :tongue:

Dating sites: Well sweetie, I hate to tell you this but they are all about S&M (Stand and model) and about sex hook-ups - while many apparently go there to find a mate, those who do are outnumbered by many others who are too picky, or shallow or just horny and looking for a sex hook-up.

Being a virgin: Sucks to be you... I guess... Maybe not... After 6 failed attempts at relationships a few failing epically I think I would have been better off being single, celibate - a friar (or a monk) than having made so many life choices that ended up going south.

Bet Friend is Homophobic: If this is how you define best friend then something is dreadfully wrong in your definition. Honestly, how can this fella be your best friend if he can't accept you as you and always reminds you that he can't accept something of you?

Solution:
You need courage to change the things you can and serenity to accept the things you cannot change and a bit of wisdom in the difference between the things you can and cannot change.

I can't give you courage nor acceptance, I can however tell you the difference - give you a bit of hard won wisdom.

The things you can change is everything inside of you. You can change how things make you feel. For instance you can change from needing outside sources to tell you you are a fine person and rely on yourself for the boosts of confidence. You can elect to accept that most guys ain't gonna write back (reject you with their silences).

You can change where you go, who you meet, what you do.... you and only you can break the chain of shyness. No one can do that for you.

Things you cannot change: You cannot change the way your friend feels terrified that you may misread a simple lunch as a date. You cannot change the assholes who refuse to reply to your pms on dating sites. You cannot change the shallow in others, or their silence, or their raging insanities - these things you just need to learn how to accept.

IF you are looking for love in all the wrong places, maybe you need to start looking for love in other places - or just stop looking and let nature take her course.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm still waiting for Steve Jobs to invent the iFriend

Hate to break it to you Bowyn, but you might be waiting for quite a while.

Wade Wrote:Hate to break it to you Bowyn, but you might be waiting for quite a while.

Not necessarily. Since The High Lord Jobs has ascended to godhood, He exists outside of time and space and is now free to envision and make real any hip, sleek, trendy device He he desires, and to release it with all apps available in any time period you can imagine. I can picture it now: Picts taking pics with Instagram, Han emperors looking for hookups on Grindr, elves using iFriend as early as the 21st century...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Dating sites: Well sweetie, I hate to tell you this but they are all about S&M (Stand and model) and about sex hook-ups - while many apparently go there to find a mate, those who do are outnumbered by many others who are too picky, or shallow or just horny and looking for a sex hook-up.

Well, that doesn't sound too good! Not that I am going to those sites or even gay bars at this point, but, if I was to ever have a chance at meeting a nice man I hope it's not based on such shallow opinions. I hope I would have nice options.

I would not be looking for a quick hook-up, either. I am romantic and somewhat old-fashioned about things.

thanks for all the replies Smile I shall endeavor to follow most of the advice here Smile