Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if I should tell him
OK, so me and this guy have been dating for about a month almost 2. At times I don't like him but at other times I seem to picture/think of him in my mind. Now he moves to fast for me and we talked about it but I feel like he never listen to me. I told him I do not like PDA, maybe when I come out to my parents, will I feel more comfy with it but he gets mad if I don't hold his hand or don't hold his hand for a long time. I think we fooled around to early in relationship and I feel like there is no spark or surprise to the relationship, he told me on our 2nd date he wanted to be my boyfriend, which is kinda way to soon. IDK about the rest of you. I like him enough to try and work things out. I just feel like at times that I should end it but a part of me doesn't because I care about him. And I want to tell him to stop telling me about what he plans to do and just do it because its like he is spoiling the whole movie for me by telling me what he plans to do. I like to be surprised and be like "AWE" and etc. I'm a romantic at times, but idk. And I know he doesn't have money or a car which the car thing bothers me because I hate driving. He lives 30 to 40mins away depending on traffic. He does do his best by planning things and making me happy which is what I love about him. Just hard to see him a lot when I can't always drive there and he can't meet me anywhere unless his friend comes along. Another thing that bugs me is that I always dress up and I like to look nice for him and more importantly myself, but I never seen him get dressed up or look decent. There were 2 times where he actually looked like he took time to get ready. His hair is always a mess, and he dresses not the best (not because he doesn't have money, I don't either) but I just feel like he doesn't put the effort out to look good and I like my guy to look hot when I am with them. (or maybe its me being snobbish which I am but he doesn't care.) I just rambled, but I do not know if I should tell him to look nicer or put effort into it without sounding rude and that I want to be sweep of my feet and I want to have a real conversation with him about anything, I feel like we are quiet a lot when we are out together...help!

Well, I personally don't think anyone has the right to make their partner look a certain way. If it's a matter of hygiene, I think it would be justified for you to try and "change" him but in all honesty, it should be up to him whether he wants to put more effort into his looks or not. You could try to make him care more about it by encouraging him, but you should never demand it.

Encourage like what? like doing his hair? I almost did but I stopped by self. He has such beautiful hair.

You know, you don't sound like you have feelings for him. I don't think that you are making him happy or he is making happy you...

You sound like you'd like him if you could change him but that won't happen you like him as he is or you don't and I don't think you do like him as he is. he won't change not really. he might act like it in front of you but that's all so either like him as he is or let him find somebody that does and you go find somebody you like as they are.

Are you even sure that you want to be with him?

I'm not sure what I feel...I feel happy around him but at times I don't...Maybe it is best to end things Sad I have been single for a year and probably don't have emotions left. I shut myself out from the world for a year. all I did was work and that's it. I just do not know how I would end it or when.

I think there are always a few niggling things one partner would like to change about the other.

If I'm completely honest though, and please don't take any offense, from your post, it sounds like you're a bit younger than your profile indicates - or at least that your partner/potential partner is.

are your parents in your bed? You don't want to do PDA because your not out to your parents. Are you really 24?