Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notable Gay Programs
So this is more for those in the U.S. though perhaps it'll also air elsewhere, but I wanted to post that PBS' American Experience is having one about the Stonewall Uprising ... I know in Iowa it airs tonight, may have aired /air elsewhere, check your local listings
Stonewall Uprising: American Experience: Episode #2309 TV Programs on Iowa Public Television

I was just going to post about that, but then remembered that HBO premiered a movie about the Loud family, "Cinema Verite", that may be encoring for anyone with HBO (I unfortunately don't have it). For those unfamiliar with the Loud family, they were featured in a "reality show" before their were reality shows, for PBS called "An American Family" in the 70s. They had a son named Lance who was gay, and that his family accepted him was a bit controversial at the time. Thomas Dekker (the Terminator TV series) plays Lance; though the focus may be more on the parents and producer, with stars Tim Robbins; Diane Lane; and James Gandolfini.

And since I'm on the subject of gays on TV, has anyone checked out Happy Endings on ABC? I didn't even know it had a gay character until I watched it, and it's a bit refreshing in that he's not stereotypical - he's stocky, comments on sports, etc., but gay has come into play in a couple episodes (one in which a friend wants a more stereotypical gay because she thinks it'd be fun to be friends with one; one involving coming out to his parents). It's all played for laughs being a comedy but I for one am enjoying the show and hope it gets renewed.

I guess I shouldn't have posted this in documentaries, but in general TV... started writing about the Stonewall doc but kind of got broader ... oh well Smile

Happy Ending's really funny show. I like Max, he is definitely not the stereotypical gay guy you see in a lot of other tv series. Brothers and Sisters is also great Queer as folk seems like a really nice drama.(both UK and US versions.) I LOVE Torchwood. It's by far best sci-fi program I've seen ever since the first season of Heroes. Captain Jack is epic.(Though he is omnisexual.)

Captain Jack is fantastic! I need to catch up on that show - saw first season on DVD but haven't ever had access to it, but I do have Starz and I want to catch up before the new ones air on it. And even though he's omnisexual, John Barrowman being out is great.

Don't feel like B&S has been as good this season sadly though it has been good for positive portrayals, agreed; and glad you're liking Happy Endings Smile Ratings are just so-so but a lot of my friends seem to be liking it so I hope the buzz helps it get renewed

I took your advice and watched Happy endings last night, I laughed so hard at the first one I watched every single one out to this date last night haha. It is an awesome show.

I like Rick and Steve :3
its a cartoon