Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NutriBullet
Does anyone else have a Nutri Bullet? ...and if so...what do you recommend? I will try anything......

So far...I love it. i have an industrial very nice quality juicer already that separates the pulp....and I do love it...but clean up is a hassle...so when I got the bullet for the Whole 360 and also the acupuncturist gave me a recipe for resisting sugar....I love the clean up...and how fast it is....

So...I have used it two days...and I put Kale, Green Apple, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber. Raspberries, Blueberries....and I like the carrot base the best so far because there is more sugar LOL...but that kind of sugar is OK...so is fruit...

So what do you like? Do you use juice too? Has anyone ever used avocado in one?..or artichokes?

I like to juice but I never got the reason for rejecting the pulp. It does serve a purpose, the least of which is fiber. I don't think juicing is some magic panacea.

My absolute favorite is carrot juice! I LOVE IT! Another handy use for the Bullet is making hummus! I occasionally get creative with it, but generally stick with what I know. Our plum tree produced a HUGE yield this year, so it came in handy for making jelly! It was the first time I ever used it for that puropse, but it was quite up to the task! Smile
~Beaux

I dont get juicing. I'm sure you can come up with some neat stuff, but I am just too conscious of the fiver issue to understand taking it out and drinking my veggies and fruits. Part of this is diabetic training and part of it is that I just like the way things taste as whole foods. If I can get my sugar down far enough to allow a slight cheat,though, I would like to try carrot juice,

Now as for the various blenders and food processors making hummus, I am all for it. Garbanzos are amazing and I could eat hummus for days!

There is a neat article in Serious Eats currently listing a bunch of different things to do with garbanzo bens. Worth looking it up.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't juice. I think the pulp is important as it provides needed fiber yeah?

I also don't have a NutriBullet (I fried the engine in one about 2 years ago tho), but, I have a Ninja with personal serving cups (same thing pretty much, but you get a pitcher too).

I use a lot of spinach and spring mix greens as the base in my smoothies. It's not as bitter as kale and if I add a little lemon juice it cancels out whatever bitterness there is left there. (I'm not a fan of bitter flavors, yeah?) I then add fruits. I like a mixture of kiwi, strawberry, and korean pear that's pretty damned good, even add in some blueberries now and then. Other fruits I often use include mangoes, papaya, pineapple, banana, avocado (which works like banana to smooth out and thicken up a smoothie). I've also occasionally added zuchini or whatever raw veggies I have left over in the fridge.

Something I've found, especially with fruit smoothies? Adding a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and salt really accentuates the flavors.

Darius Wrote:I like to juice but I never got the reason for rejecting the pulp. It does serve a purpose, the least of which is fiber. I don't think juicing is some magic panacea.

I agree about he pulp which is why I like the nutria bullet is better than the other one I have. I paid ALOT for the industrial one some years back and it is very good quality which is what attracted me to it...nice power...but the fiber does go in a spare compartment that you have to clean out...and it is much more cumbersome to work with....and nto really an easy clean up which kinda stopped me from using it more often..

As for the hype...I see it for what it is...a salesman's pitch...and the thing for me...they don't really have to sell me....and the reason I mainly like it isn't even mentioned. I already like to eat clean...and the nice thing about this is that I can mix in as many fruits and veggies as I want to get a lot of different flavors versus eating each thing individually which would take a lot more time and effort...

Beaux Wrote:My absolute favorite is carrot juice! I LOVE IT! Another handy use for the Bullet is making hummus! I occasionally get creative with it, but generally stick with what I know. Our plum tree produced a HUGE yield this year, so it came in handy for making jelly! It was the first time I ever used it for that puropse, but it was quite up to the task! Smile
~Beaux

LOVE fresh carrot juice..gotta be fresh though. I also like to use carrots with anything I make..same with apples...they are my staples. I never even thought of making hummus. I saw they had a booklet on recipes that I havent' read yet....

LJay Wrote:I dont get juicing. I'm sure you can come up with some neat stuff, but I am just too conscious of the fiver issue to understand taking it out and drinking my veggies and fruits. Part of this is diabetic training and part of it is that I just like the way things taste as whole foods. If I can get my sugar down far enough to allow a slight cheat,though, I would like to try carrot juice,

Now as for the various blenders and food processors making hummus, I am all for it. Garbanzos are amazing and I could eat hummus for days!

There is a neat article in Serious Eats currently listing a bunch of different things to do with garbanzo bens. Worth looking it up.

The fiber is still there with the nutibullet LJay...and for me...the different flavors you can get sells me...BUT...I am absolutely confident that it will help me lose my sugar addiction. For me..sugar from fruit/veggies has no effect on my blood sugar...pasta and bread do....

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I don't juice. I think the pulp is important as it provides needed fiber yeah?

I also don't have a NutriBullet (I fried the engine in one about 2 years ago tho), but, I have a Ninja with personal serving cups (same thing pretty much, but you get a pitcher too).

I use a lot of spinach and spring mix greens as the base in my smoothies. It's not as bitter as kale and if I add a little lemon juice it cancels out whatever bitterness there is left there. (I'm not a fan of bitter flavors, yeah?) I then add fruits. I like a mixture of kiwi, strawberry, and korean pear that's pretty damned good, even add in some blueberries now and then. Other fruits I often use include mangoes, papaya, pineapple, banana, avocado (which works like banana to smooth out and thicken up a smoothie). I've also occasionally added zuchini or whatever raw veggies I have left over in the fridge.

Something I've found, especially with fruit smoothies? Adding a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and salt really accentuates the flavors.

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...gonna try all of your suggestions Twist...but I do love Kale for some reason....I will get some Korean Pear and also glad to know about the avocado...and the cayenne and maybe some sea salt....I will let you know....TY

Is this thread just about fruit/vegetable juice or is it about sex? I have an abominable bowel. I need something to fix my digestive system before I let a boy enter me.

Oh, that's easy himself. Just don't eat.
I bid NO Trump!

East, hummus is ridiculously easy to make and you can use canned chickpeas to make it even easier.
I bid NO Trump!

When I get off the Whole 30 I will do the hummus..can't have the chickpeas.....

I have been drinking my breakfast and lunch now...and I love it. I can't imagine not having this fabulous machine now...

My immediate (solvable) problem...and the only one...I have too much produce. I live in produce central so I can get all the produce I want for very cheap...and I buy the organic stuff which is also very cheap...and now some of it is going bad....so I have to figure out my portions....or maybe buy it every day.....