Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NutriBullet
Artichokes do not pulverize very well raw..
I've tried it..
Avocados are yummy to blend but tricky to mix.

i don't know what a nutribullet is. but as far as juice goes, i recommend mixing passion fruit in. it's exquisite! i can imagine it going well with pretty much any fruit juice. trial and error will tell you how much you need to use it, it has a very intense taste.

(PS. it also goes well on ice cream).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

East, do you have a dehydrator? A freezer?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:East, do you have a dehydrator? A freezer?

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] ......I don't have a dehydrator...but I do have a couple of freezers......

...and it is one of my shortcomings ...I have a lot of them....where I don't want to save anything fresh..like freezing it...or taking off the bad parts. My BF does..but I hide it from him because I won't eat it after it is past the "fresh" stage....

I know...bad.....I will, however, freeze blueberries or cherries and I am fine with the results...and also grapes if they are perfect in season because I like to suck on them frozen....

Do you know other thingthat will kinda keep their freshness if you freeze them?

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] .....the store I went to tonight didn't have passion fruit in stock (or apricots) ...but I will try again tomorrow....

[MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] ....LOL..yeah..I already made a mess with the artichokes....the avocado worked out nicely though

I'm no expert at freezing, East, but the first thing ou can do is take a mental or physical walk past the supermarket frozen veggies section. Those things freeze OK. Stuff like onions and potatoes will not do well, but you could use onions in cooking. You could riff off what a friend of my mom's used to do. She saved little bits of leftover veggies from the table in a container in the freezer and made soup when the container got full. You could clean and cut up the stuff and freeze, then use for soup later.

The big thing with freezing is to avoid air and thus ice crystals, so try using plastic bags, shaking the ingredients down and then sucking the air out before sealing.

And yeah, frozen grapes are great! Soft fruits like cherries and peaches will freeze to make pies later.
I bid NO Trump!