Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCD Q&A site- What do you think?
A lot of people with OCD use Yahoo! Answers and other sites to ask the same question over and over. Since this is, in my opinion, a form of therapy for them, I would like to establish a site called Unlimited Answers or something like that where people are allowed to ask the same question as many times as they like with no penalty, as long as they rephrase the question each time. What do you think?

I think I would like to hear a trained psychological opinion on feeding this need to have the same question asked over and over again expecting different answers.

The internet didn't exist when I was dealing with 'crap' - and every therapist I went too basically told me to stop asking the same questions over and over again since that always lead to conflict errors in my program code.

I think part of the OCD problem when it comes to asking the same questions all the time is that we are not learning how to accept that the world doesn't really work that way. We are forcing the world to change to suit us, when we need to invoke change in ourselves to work/function within the world (which is not the same thing as changing to suit the world).

Ask professionals who work with OCD cases and see what they think based on their knowledge on the matter. Maybe I am wrong, maybe the new therapy is to allow an OCD person to fixate on a question until the cows come home.

I'm sure much has changed over the decade+ since the last time I utilized a therapist to deal with my anxious crap....

^^^^ agree with Bow, usually do.

Richard

I get that. The problem with using a Q&A site as an OCD strategy is that the vast majority of people on those sites do not know what they are talking about.

Agreed.

That's the reason to ask the doctor.

Richard