Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OF students with unsavoury tendencies... lol
You all know of Calvin and Hobbes, I presume. This little six-year old lad is bullied at school by a classmate called Moe.

We recently studied one of the strip cartoons by Sam Watterson but this is what one of my Turkish students wrote... I guess he hasn't got full mastery of English yet.

"Calvin and Moe is in the corridor" he writes (actually they are in the locker room for secrecy, I guess)
"Moe has lifting Calvin on the floor and he getting ready to FIST Calvin in the nose or the stomach." (ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naturally I can't actually tell him what's wrong with this sentence :redface: )
"Calvin is looking down because this terriying is threatening to kill him."

Given that they only had to write in a few words and work out what would be meaningful (we've already done all this in class and consigned it to their exercise books), I wonder what can possess a young man to write such atrocious things... lol. I guess someone didn't learn their lesson. :mad:

I think youre right. It is always stunning how some dont get the simplest things Luvkiss

im slightly confused about this topic... You a teacher in turkey or???

Rolleyes

Phil! Wrote:Rolleyes

*whispers to phil you got any ideas about this topic or am i just the only confuddled one babes?*Rolleyes

zeon Wrote:*whispers to phil you got any ideas about this topic or am i just the only confuddled one babes?*Rolleyes

Indeed Zeon indeed! Rolleyes

Oh boys, have you never heard of immigrants? I have lots of immigrant kids or children of immigrants. This lad is from a Turkish family... I'm sure he doesn't know ANYTHING about fisting or even about being GAY...

princealbertofb Wrote:Oh boys, have you never heard of immigrants? I have lots of immigrant kids or children of immigrants. This lad is from a Turkish family... I'm sure he doesn't know ANYTHING about fisting or even about being GAY...

I gotcha Wink ala the Rolleyes ....[Image: hatsoffxy7-1.gif]

The smiley bein for Zeon's benifit!