Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK...Now What?
OK, I had my third date with a guy on Valentine's Day, we had a great time...and we also had sex (for the first time...and my first time ever) and that was great, and yep...everything was great, as far as I can tell. Then, we met up again the next day, and had more sex, and it was even better that time. So, I guess I've had 4 dates with a guy that I really like. We texted each other after both of these dates saying we had a great time, but now I'm wondering what to do next. Except for the first date, I have initiated everything, so should I not text him? He's already told me he's not a huge texter, and even forgets to text his friends and things at times...which makes me think I should ask for another date, but I don't want to come across as needy or anything like that...especially since he knows it was my first time. So, should I just wait for him? Or wait for a certain amount of time, and then text him? Any advice about anything would be very appreciated and helpful, because I could definitely use it. Thanks!

Just ask him when he'd like another date. That gives him time to decide if he wants to wait a little while and gives you an answer.

Most likely he is more passive and actually likes that you take the lead and will think that you like taking the lead thus will wait for you to continually make the next move.

To nip that in the butt its time for you to get together someplace private (clothes on) and seriously discuss this face to face phones off, TV off, computer off.

You two had sex... this seems to be getting more serious, thus you need to learn how to effectively communicate and start setting general guidelines, such as who leads and who follows, or if you want him to initiate more often and that its ok for him to initiate....

He may be as doubtful as you, and not knowing what to do. Communication will help clear up that confusion.

your doing good, ask him if you appear too needy.

I am really happy to hear that you have found someone ^^. I don't think you need to be so afraid of appearing clingy, as long as you don't text him good morning and good night every single day. Some people find that annoying, but you're most likely doing well.

Ask for another date ^^, I hope everything goes well, buddy. Best of luck!

Great tips, folks. Thank you. We last texted on Saturday, so I think I'll wait until Tuesday to see if I hear anything else from him first....we had talked about going out with my friends for a birthday shindig in a few weeks, so I'll ask if he's still up for that, and if he would want to do anything before that, since it's so far ahead.

That sounds like a good plan, Tealwindex...

There a few things I dislike more than a guy being coy, doubtful or shy. Just do what you want to do and stop trying to anticipate his reactions. Text him 50 times if he doesn't like it he will tell you to stop. Be yourself and have fun. You sound like you are having fun. Don't screw it up by over thinking.

You may make a fool of yourself. At my age, I can't count how many times I made a fool of myself. But I won big when I did win and those were the relationships I cherish and remember.

Just go for it. Stop worrying. You are still going to die no matter what you do. Since the guy I loved best is dead, he still comes by to tell me how much fun he is having in heaven. If I am not embarrassed to laugh talking to a ghost, I can't guess why you are worried.

God bless Tom. Keep a place for me in heaven.

Maybe he would prefer a simple phone call instead of texting, as i cannot stand texting , i find it so informal and i mean it could be anyone texting for all i care , phone clal much more personal, maybe try that Smile ask do ya want a phone call then slip in wanna meet up soon or somthing

If he doesnt like texting, call.

If you arent sure of something, ask.

If you want another date, ask.

If you have questions, you wont get answers unless you ask him.