Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG!!! I'm OUT!!!
[MENTION=22277]JCasey[/MENTION], further congratulations, then.

princealbertofb Wrote:I had that experience too, but I realised that she only wanted me to be happy.... I cried a lot writing that coming out letter. Circumstances were a bit complicated. How did it go with your (different generation) mum, [MENTION=22531]WillRugby[/MENTION]?

I didn't do it very gracefully with my mum if I'm honest, but at the time I sort of just needed to blurt it out - Which I did at a time whilst I was having a lift somewhere so that she didn't need to comfort me until she had her time to think and reflect about it - I thought that was the best thing to do.

But she's been there, she isn't awkward at all and frequently comes over and spoils us both - So I'm lucky in that sense.

Congratulations on coming outBUNNYBUNNYBUNNYBUNNYSheep

Congratulations... it's a wonderful relief when you finally do it! Here's to a more fulfilled, honest life :-)

JCasey Wrote:Unlike my early predictions, this is NOT going slowly for me. Have you ever tried to re-package a tube of biscuit dough???

So, I took the easy route with some people. I came out to the LGB people in my life. - no sweat.
Then I started with close friends who have other gay people in their lives - again, no sweat.
Then came the decision to come out to mom, a recently widowed woman in her 80s who have always come off as being disapproving of "people like that". This was more of a challenge. However, I used a discussion we had earlier to lead in.

We had been discussing the fact that I would live in her house after she passed away. She mentioned that doing so would be up to me. She then made reference to me living there with a girlfriend. I wasn't expecting it, so the words "or boyfriend" stuck in my throat. She went on to another topic and the moment was lost. However, I returned later tat night and referenced her comment. It was a "you know how you mentioned..." kind of ice breaker. I then told her that I was not with anyone, and didn't have plans to be with anyone in the near future. However, If I were with someone, it would most likely not be a woman. "So, you're gay" she replied, to which I said yes. She expressed that she had no problem with it. I referenced that It was the way I was born, but she believes that we are a product of life experiences. Regardless of her beliefs, I am just glad she is accepting.

My daughter is 17, but has mild Autism. I emailed her mother to let her know that I am attracted to men. Now, not being together for 15 years, this could have gone any one of a number of ways. However, her response was essentially that she "knew" I was gay for the past 13 years.

So, on Facebook I PMed a number of people. Only one was upset that I didn't do it in person. I then created a distribution list of those friends I was willing to come out to. Note that most of my Facebook "Friends" would be considered real life acquaintances by any standard. So, I posted to them, and add others as time goes on.

On another Facebook account I have my biological family. As I have only just met them, I was subtle; changing my "interested in" from blank to "men". I will be calling my biological mother tonight.

wow!! congrats

{sorry, no steamy story here, despite the sauna being involved}

So, last night I went to the gym sauna and guess who was there.... He was playing volleyball, but planned to do the sauna afterward. Needless to say I endured some extra time in the sauna to get some time with him. Of course, at 230 degrees, I needed to cool off under the shower a couple of times in the 95 minutes I waited for him to come in. Yes, I hydrated with water. I was one baked turkey when I was done.

So, he finally arrived and we had a general discussion, only briefly referencing the previous discussion where I had come out to him and informed him that I would be interested in him if he found himself "changing teams". I soon had to leave to shower and change in time to pick up my daughter from play practice. However, I needed a little longer cool down shower due to the amount of time/heat involved. I was pleased when he arrived in the changing room prior to my completing my shower. I wrapped up my shower and headed to the changing area. He was just getting undressed to head to the showers. I grasped a glimpse of his backside as we walked into the shower room. He then mentioned that they no longer provided soap. I offered him some body wash I had in a small plastic bottle. He accepted, and I passed it to him around the corner of the shower doorway (not knowing how he would feel about me seeing him nude). I did catch a slight glimpse of his torso, less the essentials. The sight of his thigh was enough to make me nearly swoon. I am glad I had refrained from seeing more. He is over 6 feet tall and well toned. It had much more of an impact upon me than I had expected, but I didn't become aroused. By the time he finished his shower I was nearly out the door. I am sure that he saw me check him out, but he never mentioned it. One thing is for sure, if I ever questioned whether or not IU was attracted to men, I certainly don't now!

Good move comng out, Jcasey. Now you must deal with the crush on your straight friend. Get over it, man. I've been there. Difficult. But you must know that a friend is more important than getting laid. MUCH more important. I pined over a friend for years and we both knew it. It was rough. I am glad that we were honest about it all though. I saw him and we talked for a while one afernoon. We hugged and I said that sometimes I wished he was gay. He said that sometimes he wished he was too. Then we parted. Two days later he was dead. He was completely healthy and within two days he was gone. What I have left is the honesty of the friendship and no regrets that either one of us did anything untrue to ourselves.
I bid NO Trump!

JCasey Wrote:{sorry, no steamy story here, despite the sauna being involved}

So, last night I went to the gym sauna and guess who was there.... He was playing volleyball, but planned to do the sauna afterward. Needless to say I endured some extra time in the sauna to get some time with him. Of course, at 230 degrees, I needed to cool off under the shower a couple of times in the 95 minutes I waited for him to come in. Yes, I hydrated with water. I was one baked turkey when I was done.

So, he finally arrived and we had a general discussion, only briefly referencing the previous discussion where I had come out to him and informed him that I would be interested in him if he found himself "changing teams". I soon had to leave to shower and change in time to pick up my daughter from play practice. However, I needed a little longer cool down shower due to the amount of time/heat involved. I was pleased when he arrived in the changing room prior to my completing my shower. I wrapped up my shower and headed to the changing area. He was just getting undressed to head to the showers. I grasped a glimpse of his backside as we walked into the shower room. He then mentioned that they no longer provided soap. I offered him some body wash I had in a small plastic bottle. He accepted, and I passed it to him around the corner of the shower doorway (not knowing how he would feel about me seeing him nude). I did catch a slight glimpse of his torso, less the essentials. The sight of his thigh was enough to make me nearly swoon. I am glad I had refrained from seeing more. He is over 6 feet tall and well toned. It had much more of an impact upon me than I had expected, but I didn't become aroused. By the time he finished his shower I was nearly out the door. I am sure that he saw me check him out, but he never mentioned it. One thing is for sure, if I ever questioned whether or not IU was attracted to men, I certainly don't now!

So you KNOW, and we've still got to figure this one out... What was the outcome of your questioning???

LJay Wrote:Good move comng out, Jcasey. Now you must deal with the crush on your straight friend. Get over it, man. I've been there. Difficult. But you must know that a friend is more important than getting laid. MUCH more important. I pined over a friend for years and we both knew it. It was rough. I am glad that we were honest about it all though. I saw him and we talked for a while one afernoon. We hugged and I said that sometimes I wished he was gay. He said that sometimes he wished he was too. Then we parted. Two days later he was dead. He was completely healthy and within two days he was gone. What I have left is the honesty of the friendship and no regrets that either one of us did anything untrue to ourselves.

Oh crap! Nobody wants a story to end liker that. Sad However, I am glad that things were settled between you. The worst thing in the world is that feeling when you lose somebody with unsettled business between you. Sorry for your loss.

princealbertofb Wrote:So you KNOW, and we've still got to figure this one out... What was the outcome of your questioning???

I thought it was rather clearly implied. Straight guys don't nearly swoon over the sight of a naked thigh. Wink