Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG i can not believe it`s true!
All right, i played a trick so that all of you guys may enter my thread. Imu2 This thread has nothing to do with the title.
Do not bite me. LOL
Well guys, do you wanna share the moment when you felt that your man was your hero in the world. I mean the moment when you believed that he was the bravest and damn best and you could even die for what he did for you.
Dog I wanna hear the stories. tada~ Thank you for reading~~~

Mark has been there for me when each of my parents passed away. He supported decisions I made, and held me when I cried and had no words. He was a hero to me in those moments.

Will: Adam's 25, 7 years younger than I am. After 6 years of working full time and going to college full time (year round, because it was an accelerated program) he got his physical therapy degree, found a job that he loves and was able to finally relax a bit.

And then my family imploded.

--- Adam stepped up to help me raise my 3 year old nephew. Help? Who am I kidding? He quickly became the primary care giver.

---When the psychologist and social worker said that Ty needed more one on one adult time, because of having been so severely neglected in the past, Adam negotiated to cut his work schedule in half, to be home with Ty.

---Then my dad faced a serious health crisis and it became apparent he could no longer live alone, so Adam packed him up and moved him in with us.

He keeps it together and he makes it all seem effortless - and he's still the same exuberant, irrepressible brat he always was lol. He makes them both feel like having them come to live with us was the best thing that ever happened to us. He makes me feel like I'm the best thing that ever happened to him.

So yeah...to say that he's our hero is not overstating.

OH MAN! That's tough question! I've never thought much about it until now. Giving one thing as the one single moment I knew he was my hero is really really hard because there are so many. I made a note to remind me to think about this and come back with an answer.

(and I'll do my best to keep it short! hahahhaha!)

Jake has been my hero for many years, I cannot count enough how many time he rescued me. At 19, I was depressed and suicidal and did three attempts and the very last attempt would have been the successful one if Jake didn't barge in the bathroom and force me to vomit the pills I ingurgitated. At 20, he had enough of me feeling morose and missing my parents, so he planned on a trip to Australia to confront my born-again mother. I have been on medication for years after my third suicidal attempt, up to my 25th anniversary. Jake and my doctor decided to put an end to my addiction to the meds and cut it gradually. He has endured my mood swings, my depression and have continously worked with me to the point that today I don't feel any need to kill myself, I built a self-confidence I never had, I accepted my gay side (more than he accepted his) and he also paid my tuition when I started studying to become a doctor.

Jake isn't the kind of saying I love you at every occasion, but he sure demonstrates how much he cares when he loves someone.

Hey, guys, thank you so much for sharing your moments. They are really touching!!! Life is a movie and we are the main roles. There are always our heroes there waiting for us and trying to rescue us. Thank you!!!

He is the only person who has seen who I am.... and loved me. It was nearly impossible for anyone to get too close to me ...I had 1000 defenses and was ready to put up 1000 more if need be and he ignored all of them. I felt like I was OZ behind the curtain...I liked scaring people away if they wanted any kind of intimate moment from me or wanted me to be vulnerable (EEK)........

He paid no attention to any of it.....

I don't have a man but there are times when my best friend has been there for me. I feel like all the little things all add up, like when he shows up out of nowhere when I'm feeling blue, or standing up for people who can't do so.

Gideon has been my hero so many times. In so many ways. So much so, that when I first saw this topic, I was immediately overwhelmed by the massive task of trying to put into words all the ways that he has, and is, my hero. I'm still not sure if I can do it, but I'll give it a try.

Prior to meeting Gideon, I kept my feelings very suppressed. I was detached and apart, the guy who was fun to be around, but you wouldn't even imagine had any depth to his emotions or relationships.

I -chose- to be this way. To protect my independence.

And then I met Gideon. He didn't accept my face value presentation. He demanded more, not through bluster and demands but by slowly peeling away those outer layers one at a time to find what lay beneath.

Gideon taught me to feel. Because I wasn't just suppressing my feelings, but denying them. Rejecting them completely. Disassociating from them so entirely that I didn't even realize they existed.

He brought out the inner person hidden within, and changed my entire life in the process. Everything is different, when you feel. When your emotions become in volved, everything is transformed, the entire world changes.

He has been there through my depression, to keep my head above water.

He was there after my ex attacked and raped me, without judgement or rejection.

He was there after the home invasion to support me through the mess I became after and guide me back to myself.

Whenever I am hurt, emotionally or physically. Whenever I am unsure of myself or vulnerable or scared. He's there. He's always right there. To anchor. To support. To lift me up. To shelter and protect. To -care- for me, even when there are times I don't realize I need it.

Gideon accepts who I am, as I am. He... loves me.

And that love saves me. Every single day. Every day, in many, many ways.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Gideon has been my hero so many times. In so many ways. So much so, that when I first saw this topic, I was immediately overwhelmed by the massive task of trying to put into words all the ways that he has, and is, my hero. I'm still not sure if I can do it, but I'll give it a try.

Prior to meeting Gideon, I kept my feelings very suppressed. I was detached and apart, the guy who was fun to be around, but you wouldn't even imagine had any depth to his emotions or relationships.

I -chose- to be this way. To protect my independence.

And then I met Gideon. He didn't accept my face value presentation. He demanded more, not through bluster and demands but by slowly peeling away those outer layers one at a time to find what lay beneath.

Gideon taught me to feel. Because I wasn't just suppressing my feelings, but denying them. Rejecting them completely. Disassociating from them so entirely that I didn't even realize they existed.

He brought out the inner person hidden within, and changed my entire life in the process. Everything is different, when you feel. When your emotions become in volved, everything is transformed, the entire world changes.

He has been there through my depression, to keep my head above water.

He was there after my ex attacked and raped me, without judgement or rejection.

He was there after the home invasion to support me through the mess I became after and guide me back to myself.

Whenever I am hurt, emotionally or physically. Whenever I am unsure of myself or vulnerable or scared. He's there. He's always right there. To anchor. To support. To lift me up. To shelter and protect. To -care- for me, even when there are times I don't realize I need it.

Gideon accepts who I am, as I am. He... loves me.

And that love saves me. Every single day. Every day, in many, many ways.

*Melts* You make...all of that...easy. Even when you make it difficult. You make -loving- you easy. And you make it possible to love you -more-, deeper, every single day.

I love you, man. Always. In all ways.

God you're just amazing.