Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! took a medication first time!
Fear of swallowing pills is called Phagophobia, and is a common condition.

I have it lol, but unless I fear a sickness is going to turn serious, I avoid pills. They bolster the immune response, but if you use them too much, your immune system might form a dependance. I rarely get sick for long though, a cold lasts a day or two for the most part, and headaches rarely get painful enough to warrant pills.

The only time I beat my phobia was on two occasions when I was just out of high school, and tried Ecstasy for the first and second times. The high was amazing, but I quit afterwards, because I saw the effect it had on a bunch of my friends at the time, who are lucky to be alive. They were popping them 2-3 at a time, every day for like... 3 weeks. That was scary.

Good for you...Clonazepam actually acts fast and is very effective though you might be a bit drowsy

All the best Wink

you've done half the work, now, NayNay

this is an important step to help you go through your anxieties..congratulations Xyxthumbs

now you need to complement this with therapy.

In no time, you'll be out of this bad place Confusedmile:

Sylph Wrote:With or without water? Wink

I've been dry swallowing pills for years

Yeah, your prochlorperazine and your trifluoperazine!!!!!!

Good for you Naynay!!

Let us know in a couple of weeks, if it works for you or not.

Good for you fella, hope the medication works out for ya

As for the swallowing itself, a very good friend of mine actually couldn't swallow pills all the way up to university years - he'd always get crush and chew type things if possible, and if not he'd do that anyway - eventually he was able to get over that by taking pills with a metric assload of fluids. A lot of pills you can't dry swallow actually - doxycycline hyclate for example requires that you drink like a full glass of water so you pass it before the capsule releases so it doesn't release in your esophagus and burn through the lining of it or cause an ulcer

MisterTinkles Wrote:Yeah, your prochlorperazine and your trifluoperazine!!!!!!

Careful Tinkles. I might just slip a Lil Propofol and Pentobarbital in your Milk tonight :3 help you go sleep sleep :3

I don't agree but I don't understand.

If it helped u then fair enough?

All I know is you're a scorpio, the best star sign that there is!

loserguy Wrote:All I know is you're a scorpio, the best star sign that there is!

A folly dis.

As Libra is the balance between all the other signs and positioned likewise in the middle of the astrologic signs, it is considered the most level headed and intuitive sign.

Capable of seeing reason in both negative and positive circumstances, feeling unbiased, giving intellectual and rational advice and are very unbothered people.

The only serious downside to being a Libra, is being too indifferent at times and too emotional at others, due to their position with the others.

Libra = the best :p

Lol but every sign has its pros and con's

#Team LibraHands-make-heart