Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-why is this section collecting dust?
do you guys not read books anymore?

I'm reading House of Leaves right now.
I've been reading the Carlos Castaneda Teachings of Don Juan series, but took a hiatus for House of Leaves.

House of Leaves is crazy, literally, anyone else heard of it/read it?

I read video game strategy guides, does that count?

Nah, seeing as the strategy guides themselves have no plot... or at least that's my call...

no hes right, it doesn't count. but i'd forgive it, depending on the game.
I just hit the wiki for house of leaves. ill have to look into that one.
chuck palahniuk just put one out i wanna read but its hardback.

I finished a couple books by Carl Jung.

One on Synchronicity, the other on "The Undiscovered Self".

I kinda flip back and forth between fiction and nonfiction.

I read too much.

LateBloomer Wrote:I finished a couple books by Carl Jung.
lol, so your into light reading? the concept of 'global unconscious' is just fascinating to me. ...but i couldn't get all academic with you about it even if i tried.

OrphanPip Wrote:I read too much.
you know, i think that may be the first time i've heard anyone say that.
...or read anyone type it, whatever. you get what i'm saying. so...
what do you have your hands on now then?

perhaps someone out there might mention books with gay characters in them that aren't patently ridiculous? i have trouble finding any.

YetAnother Wrote:lol, so your into light reading? the concept of 'global unconscious' is just fascinating to me. ...but i couldn't get all academic with you about it even if i tried.

Heh. Well, let's face it, reading is time consuming. I like to make it worth my while.

Smile

Jung has clarified for me many important concepts, not the least of which is God. I wish he got more credit.

YetAnother Wrote:you know, i think that may be the first time i've heard anyone say that.
...or read anyone type it, whatever. you get what i'm saying. so...
what do you have your hands on now then?

perhaps someone out there might mention books with gay characters in them that aren't patently ridiculous? i have trouble finding any.

It's the holidays right now so I'm on just pleasure reading, so I'm reading John Irving's Last Night in Twisted River, and I'm getting started on a collection of the poems of Holderin. I study literature, so I'm a constant reader, typically 6ish books a week during normal periods, more if I'm doing research.

During breaks, or on holidays I tend to stick to one or two a week, I don't go out much Sad.

Ha, as to books with gay characters, I don't know if you've read the famous ones or not. James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room and Andrew Holleran's Dancer from the Dance are my favourites.