Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-why is this section collecting dust?
OrphanPip Wrote:Ha, as to books with gay characters, I don't know if you've read the famous ones or not. James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room and Andrew Holleran's Dancer from the Dance are my favourites.
i've read very few, so any recommendations would be nice. i'm really sick of reading about straight people right now.
i've not read either of the ones you've mentioned, so i'll be looking into those.
as well, i used to hate poetry, but it's growing on me. so any recommendations on that would be welcome as well.

Do comic books count : '

i'll allow it! Biggrina
no seriously though, some graphic novels are very good.
but if you come at me with some manga that's
aimed at twelve year old japanese girls and try
and act like it's akira, lain, or even x-men...
well, then i'm going to have to spank you.Shakin

A set of short Victorian stories, does that count????

Peepwall

Almac Wrote:A set of short Victorian stories, does that count?
just having a bit o' fun with me now, ain't ya?
pray tell, what Victorian short-stories are you reading sir?
consider my interest piqued.

Nope I never have 'a bit O fun' with someone who wears a mask and looks like he could do me some damage...!! 'Tales of Mystery & The Supernatural' Collected Ghost Stories by M.R. James. He was a late Victorian early twentieth century writer, who is now recognised has one of the greatest short story writer of ghost stories, however, his work now needs to be updated as the language is a little too long winded.

hmm.
you surprise me; i apologize for having doubted you.
that's actually something i'll look into.

Remember though it's early twentieth century English so a little long-winded and of it's time, but the stories are well worth the read.

i've a soft spot for ghost stories, so it shouldn't be too problematic.

YetAnother Wrote:i've a soft spot for ghost stories, so it shouldn't be too problematic.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]
If follow the link below you'll find most of his short stories are there to be read for free.. [/COLOR]

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/web...01862-1936