Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gradual easing of lockdown
As from the 17th of this month there has been a gradual easing of the restrictions of lockdown and yesterday I went to the theatre, the Royal Opera House to be precise.  The last time I was there was for the last performance of a work since the following day all the theatres in London were closed.

Unfortunately the theatre was only half full as social distancing was observed  but the excitment of being in a theatre for a live performance was palpable.  Last night probably the most emotive moment of the evening was a standing ovation before the curtain went up!

We are all hoping that the theatres don't have to close again because of the Indian variant.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

That is a big concern, given that India is home to well over 1 billion. I've not heard a whole lot about the Indian variant. Hopefully more people will get the vaccine and hopefully will become less and less of an issue. It is scary to see how quickly the pandemic is coming to an end socially speaking.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • LONDONER

Restrictions are being eased here in the US, I still opt to wear a mask.

As I understand it, the Indian variant has been found here in the US, I worry for those who choose not to vaccinate.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • LONDONER

I am happy to hear things are returning to normal even if gradually. Perhaps as it should.

Have you heard of /seen a Theater Production called “Be More Chill”. I actually saw it in London right before things shut down. They are supposedly re opening it on the West End. 

As for the US, things have been pretty opened up the entire time. It is crazy to think about but I think businesses will fully lift the mask mandate in less than a month in the state of FL.

(05-19-2021, 08:16 PM)The Goof Wrote: I am happy to hear things are returning to normal even if gradually. Perhaps as it should.

Have you heard of /seen a Theater Production called “Be More Chill”. I actually saw it in London right before things shut down. They are supposedly re opening it on the West End. 

As for the US, things have been pretty opened up the entire time. It is crazy to think about but I think businesses will fully lift the mask mandate in less than a month in the state of FL.

Personally I think that things are being eased off too quickly.  If I go out I take precautions just as I have been doing this last year.

No, I haven't seen "Be More Chill".  As soon as we were allwed to, I booked up for quite a few things, hoping that the Indian variant won't stop thing going ahead.  After last nights visit to the theatre, we went to the British Museum this afternoon to see the very interesting exhibition about Thomas Becket.   With so few tourists around the exhibition was blissfuly uncrowded.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I am fully vaccinated but I think the ease of lockdown has been a little to fast.  Nobody but me wears a mask at the gym.   I don't think everyone is vaccinated either.
[-] The following 2 members Like buddy16cat's post:
  • eastofeden, LONDONER

(07-12-2021, 08:33 PM)buddy16cat Wrote: I am fully vaccinated but I think the ease of lockdown has been a little to fast.  Nobody but me wears a mask at the gym.   I don't think everyone is vaccinated either.
Also fully vaccinated and in total agreement. This may be a bit doomsday, but as long as new variants continue to develop and there is a sizeable population willing to act as incubators I wonder if it's just a matter of time before something far worse than what we have seen till now surfaces.

(07-12-2021, 08:33 PM)buddy16cat Wrote: I am fully vaccinated but I think the ease of lockdown has been a little to fast.  Nobody but me wears a mask at the gym.   I don't think everyone is vaccinated either.

I think it is smart! Keep it up!

I was in the ICU part of last July and August with covid and after thinking about it for a LONG TIME - I am convinced i got it at the gym when this guy was coughing and getting close to me the whole time I was there - not covering his mouth. 

I STILL have side effects from covid - it is not worth it  to take any chances IMO as someone who has been there. My mask is staying on - period. I am also fully vaccinated.