Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OOH, Christmas came early this year!!
wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Cheeky Sprite!

Aha He mentioned my age O=]
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Hey Michael I went from a cheapo Dell to an expensive MacBook Pro (top of the line notebook) and love it.

I am guessing you are on Leopard. I am still on Tiger. I hear Leo is sooooo fancy.

OPs can be a little overwhelming and the keyboard shortcuts are different. I keep going back from my MBP to my Dell and try to keep the keyboard stuff straight.

I have an excellent book but doubt that Leopard is out yet. I hear that the classes are very good so you should be good to go soon.

One thing about Apple is that because they make the hardware and software it is pretty easy to get good info off the Apple site. There is a great forum there and you will be amazed at how helpful folks are there.

Have fun with your new OP,
frank

I use both a Mac (for music) and a pc for everything else. I shan't go as far as some (many?) and claim that I love my MacBook, but it has survived regular mistreatment at airport security over the past 2 or 3 years. In fact it has absorbed so many x-rays I'm sure it glows faintly in the dark Wink

So, Michael, welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac where error messages take on a whole new meaning and where applications amusingly "quit unexpectedly". Make sure you save regularly! If you have the speech function switched on have you heard the one that whines, "It's not my fault ..." etc. Hilarious, I'm sure Confusedmile:

Hugs to you and Fred.