Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama has become Bush
It's on all the news channels --- Obama has definitely made a complete 180 to start chanelling Bush talking about Muslim fundamentalists. John Stewart, Fallon and the rest are turning on him. NewYork Times is wondering if he will ever earn that Nobel Prize he was nominated for before he came president. I never was a fan of Bush and after some of the things Obama did and said about the military he made it even harder for me to like him. I just wonder how much of what hes doing is out of real concern and how much is just playing his political games.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-24...ality.html
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/ba...ecome+bush

I have to agree with you, StingRay. From his stance on the NSA, his using national security to override the Constitution, to his bombing people because they're bad where he has no Congressional mandate or UN mandate, he has demonstrated himself to be Bush-lite.

The psychology of a lame duck is indeed interesting. When linked with that of the legislative branch it is terrifying.

The more I see, the less chance I feel I have of knowing what is going on. We are too dependent on the fourth estate, though what would contribute as meaningfully I am hard pressed to say.
I bid NO Trump!

This is nothing new, really.

He is exactly the guy I thought he was so I am not really disappointed....he showed me who he was in San Francisco well before the election and I didn't like what I saw.

I did vote FOR him in 2012 because of the gay marriage and DOMA thing but I know it was a political manipulation to energize the base...the left would not have shown up otherwise. He needed to throw us a bone.

In 2008...I had to plug my nose to vote for him

StingRay Wrote:... I just wonder how much of what hes doing is out of real concern and how much is just playing his political games.

I think Obama is all about political games and his own agenda.

He's got that sleazy used car salesman/evangelist mentality about him.

Yeah, he's been ragged on by a few since the start. John Stewart even compared Obama's inauguration speech with the words of Bush and almost identical (I got curious and found that most such speeches are identical...Obama did add something in about volunteers but the first Bush had a similar part in his speech of a "thousand points of light").

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by him...but then my expectations were so low to begin with that it wasn't hard to do so. Nevertheless, I did consider him a general continuation of Bush (a tad better), but less embarrassing for the US when he was on the world stage. But had I actually trusted him to live up to his rhetoric then I'd have been bitterly disappointed.

I really don't expect the POTUS to be much better regardless of party, however, not without some major social upheaval or movement (that isn't cynically manipulated by big business and the like, and even Leftists play right into the hands of big biz like when one was about to lose its patent so had environmentalists shrieking up about the environmental damage which the bribed politicians catered to as it was part of the plan and then the product was banned so the corporation could then market a new patented product and retain its monopoly).

I get stuck in a mess anytime I say how I feel about Obama cause someone is always going to hear my accent and call me a southern racist. Its got nothing to do with race and lots to do with things hes said and done. I dont ever get all out of shape when someone calls me a racist. I just would like it if the people who say it knew enough about me to really know if I am or not.

I try to stay out of politics until politics get to messing with me and my life. Now we are getting in another war with the same people we been fighting since 200. I wonder when the politicians are going to get out of the way and let a real war be fought instead of them playing games like they got toy soldiers. I dont like war more than anyone of yall do and wish they didnt have to be fought. Look at whats come from letting politicians call the shots for the past 13 years. Insanity is doing the same shit with the same people over and over expecting better results every time. Its time to do something about that.

Borg69 Wrote:I think Obama is all about political games and his own agenda.

He's got that sleazy used car salesman/evangelist mentality about him.

Was he put into office by military contractors who expect some big overseas ops as a payback? Since that's not the case, and since he's not worrying about re-election, I don't believe there's any reason to believe he's decided on intervention for any reason other than he believes it's right/necessary. We can disagree with his assessment on that but if he's supposedly servicing some phantom interests, I'd like to know what they are. It was pretty completely out in the open how beholden and in bed the Bush Admin was with the military industries... they pretty much held the Vice Presidency for 8 years.

Buzzer Wrote:Was he put into office by military contractors who expect some big overseas ops as a payback? Since that's not the case, and since he's not worrying about re-election, I don't believe there's any reason to believe he's decided on intervention for any reason other than he believes it's right/necessary. We can disagree with his assessment on that but if he's supposedly servicing some phantom interests, I'd like to know what they are. It was pretty completely out in the open how beholden and in bed the Bush Admin was with the military industries... they pretty much held the Vice Presidency for 8 years.

really? like that was never the case with that guy whose name sounds like chimney

(hint: SARCASM)