Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamacare......anybody know EXACTLY what it is???
Being unemployed now has me wondering what the hell is gonna go "down" as far as me supposedly HAVING to have my own insurance now.

Ive read some articles on this bullshit, but I still dont understand any of it.
And whats up with this "payment menu" crap????

Can anybody explain this to me in "layman's terms"?

The Affordable Care Act (really, it's time we stop calling it Obamacare) is somewhat confusing because it's new and it's big. I am just starting to check it out. We have six months now to get insurance coverage if you don't have it already. If you don't have it by then you could be subject to a $95 fine at tax time. The amount of the fine will increase each year.

If you have no income or very low income, you should qualify for an exemption from the fine. There is lots of information available on the official website. Like I said, I haven't looked at it in detail yet.

https://www.healthcare.gov
https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/

Obama-care is bad news all around. however the Republicans are working hard at shutting down the government so something better like the Affordable Healthcare act can take its place.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archiv...re/280165/

(snicker snicker)

I do not believe in high taxes at all so I don't support Obamacare.

The right to property is the ultimate right, IMO. Property includes money.

By the way, if people don't want healthcare, they shouldn't be forced to buy it

What I can tell you is that I don't make a lot, say about $25000. this year. I pay $311.00 a month for a shitty plan that has a very high deductible and all I get for that is is 2 appointments a year for a $40.00 copay. That's it. After that I have to pay for everything until I reach $8000.00. With Obamacare, at my age where I live and what I make I can get this great plan that is normally like $548.00, but I only have to pay $124.00. It really is a good plan. I can go to the doctor anytime for $40.00 and it has a much much lower deductible plus other good benefits. I'm all for that!

elad12 Wrote:What I can tell you is that I don't make a lot, say about $25000. this year. I pay $311.00 a month for a shitty plan that has a very high deductible and all I get for that is is 2 appointments a year for a $40.00 copay. That's it. After that I have to pay for everything until I reach $8000.00. With Obamacare, at my age where I live and what I make I can get this great plan that is normally like $548.00, but I only have to pay $124.00. It really is a good plan. I can go to the doctor anytime for $40.00 and it has a much much lower deductible plus other good benefits. I'm all for that!

Who's paying for the other 400 $? Think about that.

IMO, you're only entitled to what you pay for.

[Image: popcorn_the_joker.gif]

I don't believe a person should be fined for not having private health insurance, and certainly not in a country that had enough money to bomb the shit out of Syria one minute and not enough to balance a budget the next.

Arkansota Wrote:By the way, if people don't want healthcare, they shouldn't be forced to buy it

Problem is, in a compassionate civil society (we try) no one is refused treatment. So you opt out of buying healthcare and tomorrow you drive off the road (while sexting, no doubt) and need multiple surgeries. We all pay for that already, through high medical fees and taxes.

Here's a map of countries that provide some form of universal healthcare:

[Image: mf%20healthcaremap%20p-thumb-615x314-91612.jpg]

The only "developed" countries that do not are: the USA, Belarus, and a few Balkan states. This tells you something about how skewed our priorities are here in the US. I think the Affordable Care Act is worth a try.

Still havent seen any explanation of what the hell it is.

So, you either pay for THEIR healthcare plan, or they fine you. Either way, they are sucking you dry.
And if you cant afford any of it????? What, you go to jail?????