Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Wall St came to my town
Recently I had a great vision of the future. I am 65 and go to a supermarket in Bloomfield NJ on a senior bus. We arrived, 28 of us. We finished shopping and hung out by the exit door. The bus wasn't back and we were cold and disgruntled like old people are. We were complaining bitterly to each other about the high prices of food. The exit door opened and an old man appeared with white hair. He walked directly to a refrigerator by the exit door and took a pound of butter and went to exit again.

The store manager, George, yelled "You can't steal a pound of butter. Come back and pay for it." The old man yelled "I have no money. I need this butter." George yelled "I don't care what you need. Bring that butter back." About 10 of us were starting to laugh. The old man yelled "Tell the Bloomfield police to come here and beat me to death in front of your customers." George was shocked. The old man turned and walked right out the door with the butter.

George looked at a bunch of old people for support. We burst out laughing. I turned to the old guy next to me. He was 92 and likes to talk about life during the Depression. I said "Let's make a list of stores we should steal from. It's easier than food stamps.. No paperwork. Just grab what we need and walk out."

How many people think police will beat old people in public? Not many.

Guys, nobody likes sneak thieves or shoplifters. Walk into stores, take what you want and wave to the security cameras. If tens of millions did this, where could they lock us up. Best of all Wall St will collapse from the huge drop in profits.

Young people can go to McDonalds. Order a Big Mac from your best friend who is stuck in a shit job. Smile at everyone. Give the finger to whatever might look like security and leave eating your hamburger. A free hamburger always tastes great. Get your entire school to come with you. The police may have students in your school. Police really don't like to rough up anybody.

If we all do it, I bet Wall St will notice. We can open a food pantry on Wall St for brokers who are bankrupt. We can be nice while sticking our finger in their eye.

Food for thought.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just don't understand all you people that think it's okay just to take what you want. Yes, prices are rising and times are rough for many. However, stealing is still stealing no matter how you look at it. Everyone needs to survive but there is work out there. In my opinion it's not wall street that is causing all these issues though people do want you to believe all that. Most of what we get is from foreign countries. Don't you think they have a bigger hand in the rising costs trying to make a fast buck off the Grand Ole USA?

"A free hamburger always tastes great.."

I have to disagree with that. I don't eat hamburgers, but I bet a hamburger that I got from hard work will taste even better.

Rolleyes

must be insight from grumpy old men:
the cost of a pound of butter will run the lights in the store for less than ten seconds. Like you grumpy old guys still carry change, have a land lines and get the newspaper. DONT YOU KNOW FREE BUTTER TASTES GREAT.

Now if the white haired old man replaced was by a black guy say 16years old with sunglasses, hoodie would you have said anything. No. See you guys on the Senior bus from Bloomfield NJ are smart enough to have lived that long!

i honestly agree with bry bry. i would not go to my favorite diner and steal a hamburger from a chef i know who works really hard in that kitchen on hot summer days for a burger that is actually of decent quaility. it is not his fault that he has to charge more because his supplies are rising in price. the man still cooks a mean burger. the best. he has to make a living as much as i do and i would never steal from him. what nstead needs to be done is boycotting. just one day would send corporations spiralling. but people just dont listen anymore. rather than steal. dont buy anything at all. its much more honest.

Thanks for agreeing, but..

Boycotting something for one day doesn't really do anything, if anything it'll probably do the exact opposite.

Like for example; I'm sure you've seen the "Don't Put Gas in Your Car on X-day" on Facebook before. Whats one day going to do? People would just go the day before or the day after. The gas retailers will probably earn more money in the long run and would defeat the purpose to begin with.

<___<