Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of luscious lips and newbies
princealbertofb Wrote:Hmmmmm Rolleyes R.E.M. That reminds me of a very nice session we had together, Marsh and I some time back... I think we'd just got a new DVD or CD of their work (of his work?). I think we were trying to lose our religion. Wink

ah "out of time", the classic but misleading r.e.m. release :biggrin:

and... did you lose that... religion? Wink do you know what the expression actually means? if yes, then you wouldn't want to lose it. :tongue:

princealbertofb Wrote:Hmmmmm ... I think we were trying to lose our religion. Wink

Is nothing sacred?

Albert, down, boy!

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:ah "out of time", the classic but misleading r.e.m. release :biggrin:

and... did you lose that... religion? Wink do you know what the expression actually means? if yes, then you wouldn't want to lose it. :tongue:
No, actually, I don't know what it means, or at least, if I did, I've forgotten... Can you remind me?

(foolish?) PA

marshlander Wrote:Looks like we're going to get on just fine Invasion

well then let's get ON "just fine" and ride it into la-la-land :biggrin:

princealbertofb Wrote:No, actually, I don't know what it means, or at least, if I did, I've forgotten... Can you remind me?

(foolish?) PA

well it's a southern american expression meaning something along the lines of "at my wit's end" but in a specific context: when you're in love with someone and you're no sure he or she is feeling the same, and you're trying to interpret every one of their gestures (did he mean something else when he said this? did she touch me like that in a more than friendly way? etc.), and it's the not knowing that's driving you completely insane. you are on shaky ground... you can't tell reality and fantasy anymore... you're losing your religion... :biggrin:

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:well it's a southern american expression meaning something along the lines of "at my wit's end" but in a specific context: when you're in love with someone and you're no sure he or she is feeling the same, and you're trying to interpret every one of their gestures (did he mean something else when he said this? did she touch me like that in a more than friendly way? etc.), and it's the not knowing that's driving you completely insane. you are on shaky ground... you can't tell reality and fantasy anymore... you're losing your religion... :biggrin:

Thanks for the explanation... Southern American as in Brazilian, Chilean, Argentinian??? or from the religious south of the United States (Bible Belt)?

Well, to actually LOSE MY RELIGION, I'd have to HAVE one, isn't that so? Wink

My religion is LOVE. I didn't lose that religion. It's the healthiest one I can think of. :biggrin:

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks for the explanation... Southern American as in Brazilian, Chilean, Argentinian??? or from the religious south of the United States (Bible Belt)?

Well, to actually LOSE MY RELIGION, I'd have to HAVE one, isn't that so? Wink

My religion is LOVE. I didn't lose that religion. It's the healthiest one I can think of. :biggrin:

oh right. i meant the southern part of the US (where the band is from btw). :biggrin:

does having love as a religion imply that valentine's day is like christmas to you? :tongue:

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:oh right. i meant the southern part of the US (where the band is from btw). :biggrin:

does having love as a religion imply that valentine's day is like christmas to you? :tongue:

Hahaha. Interesting thought... but...

Actually no, It's like everyday that I can love my lover is Christmas to me... And that's EVERY DAY... makes one / you very very happy indeed. (happier when he's actually here, but that's our cross to bear, I guess.)