Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of topic eating! Moved here :-D
I thought maybe trying food by I.Q.

But while turkey's are really stupid, so are Moose I think ;-( And they are too beautiful, yet a lot of people eat them. Then I.Q. I'd be stuck most likely having to accept cannibalism as well! Starting with my older brother and working my way through most of America....

So it's become an ad hoc way of do's and don'ts. Most foul, but no patte because the force feeding of geese is just disgusting, plus it's way too fatty. Cow but no veal....fish but no wild salmon (dying out.) I say no Tuna because of the dolphins that get caught up....or I try, but I LOVE fresh tuna..

Boy, eating takes a lot of work.

in the defense of the koreans eating dog... it's a cultural thing. It's like us eating cows, those in India wouldn't dare eat them and view our choice to eat them as a horrible act.

The way they are killed is wrong... the excuse it softens the meat more is false. You can tenderize meat by beating, grinding, and adding an acid. The way they are doing it is to save a few extra dollars... but once again it is also a cultural thing. Animals aren't viewed in the same light we view them...

Food is my life and passion... I can't wait to graduate!

To be fair I wont eat certain meat because of the animals they are I cant bring myself to eat it.. Feels wrong. :frown:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Also elitist as well...

It very much depends on how cute the animal is, sad but true. Little rabbits...nooooo. Poor fish don't have a chance.

And of course as futureRD said, cultural aspects. There are also educational and survival factors involved. For example there are a lot of myths surrounding certain properties of many endangered species that have been totally debunked by science, but asian medicine and folklore still support them... and the ignorant (read small penis ;-0 ) still want it regardless and the poor still supply it because they have to survive.. So strange parts get ground up as medicine while hearts and liver and other parts get eaten to provide stamina and courage and other nonsense.

I just cant eat certain things. Ducks is one thing id never eat, and considering I have like a bunny I couldnt eat a rabbit Cry
[/COLOR]

That's tood bad rabbit is pretty good if done right

meh that my change as you grow older beans. When I was younger (even though I'm only a handful of years older than you...) I would refuse to eat certain things. It's one thing to refuse to eat something and not purchase it, but it's another when you refuse to eat something while at someone elses home.

Just be careful when traveling to other countries. there are a number of dishes I did not want to sample in mexico and especially in china, but did so to be polite. That doesn't mean I gobbled it up, I tried it and ate a few bites to be polite. The last thing you want to do is insult someone that has spent a great deal of money and time preparing a special dish just for you.

futureRD Wrote:meh that my change as you grow older beans. When I was younger (even though I'm only a handful of years older than you...) I would refuse to eat certain things. It's one thing to refuse to eat something and not purchase it, but it's another when you refuse to eat something while at someone elses home.

Just be careful when traveling to other countries. there are a number of dishes I did not want to sample in mexico and especially in china, but did so to be polite. That doesn't mean I gobbled it up, I tried it and ate a few bites to be polite. The last thing you want to do is insult someone that has spent a great deal of money and time preparing a special dish just for you.

But if I travelled id be ordering so in the end id be paying..? And I cant eat things for certain reasons, you said you sampled it, id be gagging simply as thats what my body instantly does, which Id find even ruder.

When I was little I used to have seriously bad tonsillitis from the age 2-5 I was chucking up almost every day, in the end my tonsils had to be removed as they were poisoning me, I was dangerously under weight and all that jazz, having them removed the taste of food completely changed, some I associated with being ill. (For example Cauliflower Cheese! Yak), and to this day I havent eaten it since as id simply gag and puke.

Now ive noticed say I go out buy something and its cooked wrong I cant eat it ever again. Especially if it makes me sick, basically because I feel its down to from when I was younger associating food with illness. I know its 14 years on but I cant bring myself to do it.

The worst thing of all with me is white bread. It makes me puke instantly. Mainly because when you eat it, it feels moist and gooey, and the way it sticks to your mouth and throat, is something I associate with the tonsillitis when I was younger.

Also I cant have dairy due to lactose intolerance. I mean I have the odd bit of cheese but suffer with tummy cramps after. I havent had milk, ice cream, cream and galaxy choc (Mainly because its the creamiest) in 4 years.

So food im having I have to be fussy to know what im eating. I know it seems fussy to some but meh, If im not I suffer being ill, which im not prepared to do.

So in a way I find it not fussy, but the right thing to do.. Down to the rabbit, could you eat a dog? I mean this rabbit is my pet, how can you eat your pet.. Its just sick to me, normal to others.
[/COLOR]