Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off For Fourth Surgery - 31st Dec 2012
Fourth Surgery – 31st December 2012

[Image: IMG_0004__.jpg]

The forum has a lot of new members. I would like to say welcome to all of you.

Anyway to anyone who knows me, I’m off for my fourth surgery today. I’ll be admitted into the same hospital where I did my previous surgeries in another 30 minutes.

My surgery is on Monday’s morning (31st Dec 2012). So I’ll be celebrating my new year in the hospital.

So let see.

First surgery – 05 December 2011
Second & Third Surgery (Simultaneously) – 21st May 2012
Fourth Surgery – 31st December 2012

I still have roughly about two more surgeries to go - one major surgery and one minor surgery. But I haven’t decided when to do these two.

I have fully recovered from my previous surgeries. My body is full with scars but I consider them as my badasss tattoos now. These scars do not bother me.

The fourth surgery will require 4 hours to complete. That’s rather a short time when being compared to my previous surgeries. The first surgery took 8 hours to finish whilst the second and third took about 7 hours to complete.

Whilst the latest surgery is consider as short, it doesn’t make it less challenging. I don’t think I’ll be able to walk for at least a week because of it as the surgery revolves around my inner thighs.

But knowing me, I’ll mostly return to running and gym immediately after I have been discharged.

Others

I would like to take this opportunity to say something. Whilst I am no longer active, I do visit this forum from time to time. There were few posts that made me shook my head.

All these posts were about looks.

One poster took the effort to write one whole long paragraph just to explain how ugly (His word) his admirer is. Another post was from a newcomer who asked for everyone’s opinion on his look. He claims he was insecure with his look. I could guess miles away that he himself knows that he is super good looking and was only seeking for praises. That was the only post that he ever posted in this forum. Bingo.

Let me share a story.

I used to have this friend. He is a handsome man who only likes to hang around with good looking men. He likes to go clubbing to meet and flirt with gorgeous guys. “I love kissing (French) them”, he once said to me. He totally rejects the so called not so good looking guys.

One day he asked if I would like to be his boyfriend. I didn’t respond to his question. Whilst I do see him as a friend, I dislike his superficial attitude.

Fast forward, he whined at me. He said a very good looking guy has rejected him in a club. “Is there something wrong with me?” He asked me. I didn’t answer.

“Wait, does it have something to do with my look? Oh, am I not good looking enough? That must be it, right? I’m not handsome enough??!!”

Oh, brother.

I eventually dumped him as a friend.

What I’m trying to say is please don’t be obsessed with your look. Snap out of it. It’s okay to have pride but make sure your feet are still on the ground. Your good look will not last forever. Sure, your good look can take you to a certain level but a beautiful personality can take you miles away and beyond.

Private Life

I never liked to share my story with people – whether good or bad. Not because I feel superficial but because I always thought modesty is King.

My father comes from a poor family who used to live in a small shack without electricity and water. He studied and worked hard to change the life of his parents and siblings.

Though I must admit that sometime I do have the urge to share my story with everyone. I would like to share my smile with the others who know me. But I always think 10 times before spilling out my story.

So hopefully these stories would make people who know me smile.

Despite being deceived financially by a so called homeless man last year, I never stopped giving hands to people around me.

In my office, we have a 7feet sparkling Christmas tree with chocolate goodie bags to give away to people. I passed the goodie bags to the office building janitors, security guards and courier guys.

[Image: IMG_1334.jpg]

“Please say thank you to your boss for the goodie bag.” Many of them insisted.

I smiled.

What people do not know is the Christmas tree with its sparkly ornaments belongs to me. The chocolate goodie bags come from my own wallet. The Christmas decoration in the office was paid and decorated by me as well. None of them come from my boss and company. I don’t have any intention to tell anyone in real life that I have used my own money for the Christmas tree, chocolate goodie bags etc.

I do the same thing for Halloween and other local festivities.

It doesn’t bother me to see my boss getting the kudos from people. There is only one thing that matters to me - I just would like to share my happiness with the others and the less unfortunates. I always believe that the fortunate one should help the less one.

[Image: IMG_1330.jpg]

I donate and do stuff to help people all year round. I’m also sponsoring (financially) a little kid who lives in a poverty side of India. This is my second year supporting the kid.

If I come to work on Saturday and Sunday, I will treat the office building security guards and janitors with donuts, cakes and others.

I really hate it when people treat security guards, janitors, waiters, salesmen etc. rudely. Raising voice. Scowl. Instructing them like they are your servants. I always smile and speak to them gently. Everyone works better when they feel good.

[Image: IMG_1301.jpg]

Few months ago, a new courier/dispatch guy came to my office to send a parcel. He was rude but his attitude didn’t bother me. He came to my office quite often ever since. So one day before he left my office, I handed a Christmas chocolate goodie bag to him.

“What’s this?” He asked.

“Merry Christmas and happy new year, my friend.” I smiled to him.

I think he was surprised by the gesture. He slowly curved a smile.

He no longer comes to my office with a scowl on his face whatsoever. We are buddies now.

My friends and colleagues always wonder why a lot of people who work for other companies (In the same office building) know me. They also wonder why the security guards, janitors etc. always smile and wave at me when they see me. To make it weirder for them, cashiers/salesmen in a supermarket and also waiters/staff in a Japanese restaurant (Both located opposite to our office) know me very well.

I never explained to them.

Another thing, I think it is very crucial to say ‘Thank You’ to everyone who gives you a hand. I always say it to my parents, siblings, friends and everyone else. Those two words will spread and infect others. Everyone in my family now ends a conversation with a Thank You.

Relationship

I have been approached by many but I’m still single. I don’t think it is the time yet for me to settle down for a relationship. I really would like to have one. I do crave for it. But my main priority right now is to take care of myself. My health and well being. I’m still in the process of recovering myself.

But if say, the right guy does come into my life tomorrow. I will give it a try as long as he can accept me as who I am.

“Jay, he is too old for you. Jay, he’s too young. Jay, he is not good looking enough.” I got that a lot from my friends and colleagues.

But rest assured that I’m not a shallow person. I can assure you that I don’t have special preferences when it comes to a guy. All I’m asking for is the guy needs to be in good health and can support himself well. For the rest, I let the heart do the talking and the judging.

Anyway that is all from me. I would like to babble more but I have to head to the hospital right now. My apology if my post irritates anyone.

Wish me luck. Take care everyone.

You made me cry, you are truely a beautiful human being. I am honoured that you have chosen me as a friend.

I cannot believe that it has been over a year since we both went into hospital a couple of weeks apart. I was recovering and you were going in for your first surgery. The year has gone so fast.

Good luck my best friend and I will send you a text message on Tuesday to find out how you are.

Love you xxxx

You are really good people. The world needs many more like you.

Have a good surgery and quick recovery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
I hope you exceed your goals.

As always my friend you will be in my prayers , God speed.
I consider myself a better person for knowing someone as wonderful as you.

Bighug

Oh ,and don't forget to text , you know how I worry. Confusedmile:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and continued good health.

Best of luck. You deserve it.

godspeed recovery!

ps: happy new year!

Good luck, Jay. Bighug

Ill pray for your safe & successful surgery and your quick recovery.
Smile