Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off For Second Surgery
Will do PA Wink

Jay has asked me to pass on his thanks for those that wish him well. 2 days after surgery he is still happy and comfortable and he will probably be in hospital until Tuesday next week. The surgery was a little bigger than his last surgery.

Daz, you're a gem. Thanks for being Mercury... :biggrin: Bighug to you and Jay...

[Image: BA-06.jpg]

I think I need to clarify as a lot of people asked me why I needed surgeries.

But first of all, let me tell you that I'm honestly not comfortable to discuss about this because it's really personal. It affects my pride. But whether I like it or not, I have to set things straight.

Massive Weight Loss

[Image: BA-02.jpg]

It irritates me when people assume that I had a rapid loss. It took me 5 years to shred off the unwanted fat. I started my mission to lose weight on year 2005. Few months before I graduated from college.

To lose such a monster amount of weight, I shut down myself from social life and the public for several years. My life only revolved around exercise, healthy food and a jogging park nearby my house. I stopped all kind of contacts with people, I did not go to public places except the jogging park and I only applied my first job few years after I lost most of my weight. I gave my 500% to lose weight. I didn't allow anything to distract me.

For the first few years, I relied on brisk walk and weight lifting as I was too heavy to run. As I grew stronger and thinner, I shifted to running, weight lifting, dancing and stairs climbing (Ground floor to 30th Floor).

Background

[Image: BA-03.jpg]

I have been fat since I was 3 years old due to my lifestyle and dietary. My weight already reached 90 kg (198 lbs) when I was around 12 years old. I gained more weight in high school and in college. My peak was 165 kg (363 lbs).

My waist used to be 64 inches.

The amount of fat that I shred wasn't little. I lost 90 kg (198 lbs) amount of fat.

I am currently 74 kg (162.8 lbs). I have been maintaining this weight for almost 2 years now. But I'm thinking of shredding a few more.

Whilst I am mostly happy that I have lost weight and become a new person, I still have regret. I regret for allowing myself to become morbid obese to begin with.

The Surgeries

[Image: BA-07.jpg]

I had to go under knives to remove excess skin from my massive weight loss. My skin has been over stretched for 26 years. Part of my skin failed to shrink back even though I lost my weight slowly and gradually via exercise and weight lifting. I had no other choice but to remove my excess skin through surgeries.

I have to complete 4 surgeries. I have completed 2 of them. One on last 5th Dec 2011 and another one on 21st May 2012. My surgeon and I haven't set any date for the last two. If possible, I would like to complete another one at the end of this year.

Beside removing excess skin, I also had to restructure my chest through surgery. I had to pay a big price for it. My surgeons had to relocate my nipples. In order to do that, they had to cut off its nerves. Sure, I'm always positive but that doesn't mean I do not feel a twinge of sadness inside. I almost broke into tears when my main surgeon told me that I had to sacrifice my nerves (nipples). I could have prevented this by not becoming morbid obese.

David Smith

[Image: 2010-07-27-15-34-17-5-david-smith-once-w...g-with.jpg]

My case is rare but I am not the only guy in this world who had to go through multiple surgeries to remove excess skin due to massive weight loss. A guy named David Smith also went through the same thing. He was bigger and heavier than me. If I'm not mistaken, he used to be 650 lbs. Obviously, David had more excess skin than me.

Here's David's TV interview. He spoke about his massive excess skin.

David Smith and I didn't use short cut to lose massive amount of weight. We didn't do liposuction. We didn't do Gastric Bypass Surgery. We lost our weights via the old school method.

Closing

[Image: BA-08.jpg]

I honestly hate to tell people why I need to go through surgeries. Only my family, my boss, colleagues and a small number of friends know why.

I've explained to a few of people that I had to go through surgeries to remove excess skin. Yet they still insist that I went through surgeries for liposuction. Do you know how hurtful and painful to hear people say something like that? My body is full with surgery scars due to cutting and slicing.

These surgery scars do not hurt me. People do.

Another thing, now all of you know the main reason why I avoided all guys that approached me. Why I was so hesitant to let a guy to enter my life.

I don't know what keeps me going and moving ahead. I don't know why I am so brave to go through all these. Whilst every step that I take screams victory, it also leaves a twinge of pain and regret. A part of me almost died when my main surgeon told me that they have to cut the nerves of my nipples. I almost broke into tears in front of him. But so far, I am doing alright. I'm handling my second surgery very well.

Thank You

[Image: BA-10.jpg]

I would like to say thank you to everyone for good wishes and words. I appreciate them very much. I would also like to say special thanks to Daz for accompanying me whilst I was in the hospital.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday (Friday, 1st June 2012). I thought I was only going to be in the hospital for a week but I ended being in the hospital for two weeks instead.

I still have to drop by to the hospital on next Tuesday as I haven't finished my medical treatment. My left side chest still has a lot of fluid (Accumulated from the surgery). So one of my surgeons will use a syringe and inject it into my side chest to absorb the fluid.

I was admitted into an open ward. So I got the chance to spend a lot of time chatting with other patients, their families and relatives. Most of them know why I was admitted into the hospital and I am blessed to be showered with good wishes and words from them.

Few days ago, I was approached by the head surgeon of the plastic surgery department. My surgeons are under him. I spoke to him few times before. "You are one unusual boy. For a Malaysian standard." He smiled at me. He was referring to my achievement in weight loss and few other things. All things that make me different from the others.

I never thought of that. Unusual boy. I like that.

One amusing thing that happened - I asked my mom to help me buy barrels of KFC on my last day. I bought KFC for the surgeons, nurses and staff of my ward. The irony. I haven''t touched fast food like KFC since 2005. But seriously, I don't like to dictate others to follow my lifestyle. Hence why I bought KFC. And the fact that I had no idea what to buy for them at the time.

P.S: One thing that I'm very proud of. I didn't use pain killer, Morphine that was provided after the second surgery. I didn't use it on my first surgery either. All surgeons and nurses were shocked when I told them that I wasn't in pain at all. When you treat your body right, it will treat you well.

I hope it wasn't I who annoyed you by asking what kind of surgery it was. Quite frankly I found your story inspirational. I mean I am overweight my self and my biggest problem is my motivation, and to see you struggle through it loosing more weight then most of my friends is currently is weighing is hell of an achievement. Confusedmile:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

See right the only question ai have about your weightloss is well a few years ago I was rather large myself at your top weight you were the equivalent of what we call 25 stone, well myself I was 20 stone then I had a drastic weightloss when I was 15/16. I just want to ask why don't I have any of this excess skin? am I just lucky? Or is it something else? I just don't understand that's all. I a, very tall in stature, very broad and do weights regularly etc. it's just confusing.

Quote:See right the only question ai have about your weightloss is well a few years ago I was rather large myself at your top weight you were the equivalent of what we call 25 stone, well myself I was 20 stone then I had a drastic weightloss when I was 15/16. I just want to ask why don't I have any of this excess skin? am I just lucky? Or is it something else? I just don't understand that's all. I a, very tall in stature, very broad and do weights regularly etc. it's just confusing.

You lost your weight when you were 15/16, correct?

I started my weight loss when I was 22 years old.

You skin slowly lose its elasticity as you grow older. Gen could also contribute. Just like how some people have stretch marks and some don't.

Jay Wrote:You lost your weight when you were 15/16, correct?

I started my weight loss when I was 22 years old.

You skin slowly lose its elasticity as you grow older. Gen could also contribute. Just like how some people have stretch marks and some don't.

Ahh ok that kinda makes sense. :-)

you must be very proud and so rightly so - with all the shortcuts that were avialable you chose the hardest path but the one that gave you the best relsults, your a mentally very strong guy Jay Xyxthumbs , as you say that this is a very private thing for you and i respect that totally...you really could inspire others too though, especially younger people who are stuggling with weight issues, to see a role model making such a big difference can be very inspiring for them.

Hope the recoverys over soon mate - take care

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jay. You are an inspiration. Bighug