Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Hai!
princealbertofb Wrote:Well I thought there was the final match of the European Soccer championship but I guess not. Not a word on the radio about the results, that's odd???....

Well, perhaps the reason there is no news about it is because that particular sport is even more boring than golfLaugh1 (I'm pulling your leg)

When I was a teenager I was addicted to baseball here in Los Angeles. The Dodgers moved here from Brooklyn New York when I was about 10 years old.

My favorite player was a pitcher named Sandy Koufax. Sandy set all kinds of records, and he was wonderful.
He is Jewish, which is quite unusual, a sports hero being a Jew.

That was a long time ago. Today I pay no attention to sports.

jim

Jim Wrote:Well, perhaps the reason there is no news about it is because that particular sport is even more boring than golfLaugh1 (I'm pulling your leg)

That was a long time ago. Today I pay no attention to sports.

jim

Well, Jim, the match finally took place. I did not see it, I'm not interested in football I was standing, kneeling by the side of the road changing a flat tyre when we saw this stream of cars driving past hooting, with Spanish flags streaming from the windows and radio aerials lol... we didn't need to ask who'd won. I bet it was quite a ripping match. The only match I've ever really watched with any purpose (I mean watched and not caught a glimpse of) it the one when France won a few years ago. I found it quite ripping, and was able to understand what the fuss was about. But I'd really rather watch a ballet or a dance piece, any day.