Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok need advice for next weekend
Not much is going to happen this week but will be going to the Elton John concert on Saturday which I have been dying to see him in concert for awhile now, but afterward planning to go to the gay club if time permits. So my Question is what can i do or should do when I get to the club? or what should I expect? For being by myself I do tend to lean on the shy side and just people watch.

I have a clarification question: is this your first time out to a club?

If you're wanting to know what to expect when going out to a bar, they all vary. That's a tough question to answer. I think guys are mostly attracted to people who are comfortable in their own skin. (And if you're fresh meat you're already a shoe-in, haha). My best advice is go enjoy your night with Elton. Go to the club (if time permits) and carry that glow with you. Be happy you got to see somebody you really wanted to see and let whatever is going to happen at the club unfold :-) Every day/night is too random to predict.

Hope you have a great weekend!

As I was a bartender in a gay club for 20 years I have a few ideas :biggrin:

I was approached constantly by people who had never been in a bar before and I would do everything I could to get them talking and feeling comfortable..I felt it was part of my job and I enjoyed doing it so hopefully you can find a bartender to make you feel comfortable and welcome and if you ask he can probably introduce you to people if you are shy or if you want to meet someone.

Have fun at the concert! The good thing is that if you do decide to talk to someone you will be fresh from the concert and will probably find people who are interested in hearing about it so you have a great conversation topic ahead of time!:biggrin:

I have been to clubs but this is the first time that I have been to one expceting myself as bi/gay and of course by myself. The times before mainly was with friends and to go out, have a few drinks and (forgive me) watch the freak show. Yes I did my share of gay bashing to validate that what I felt was wrong but we kept it to ourselves. So I always kept a good back up going so I would not be hit on or even thought of as being gay.

So mostly just want to go this time let loose and dance my heart out for the first time. don't even care if i dance by myself.

FYI I'm an User at the concert but its still like going to the concert to watch it but just getting paid instend of paying.

Well I would say that the concert was a blast and I did make it to the club and danced for about 2 hours. which was a lot of fun. But wished I had someone to enjoy it with, would have even made it better and maybe less nerve wraking.

Yes but you managed it on your own and enjoyed yourself and were able to be who you are; nice! :biggrin:
You didn't take East's advice about asking the bartender for introductions??? Maybe you should think of it next time..

Glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

I think if i started the eavening there earlier when it was not so busy, I would have talked to the bartender, but 12 am and very busy don't think the bartender would have had time to chit chat. Then again was really not there for the propose of drinking either. Maybe next time when I plan on getting there earlier.