Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old age is fun
Got this on my e_mail ring tody

Reminds me of me

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me again asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.

“Like sitting around the pool and drinking wine is not a good thing”, I said.

Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She was "only thinking of me" she said, and suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys.

I did this and when I got home last night I decided to teach her a lesson about staying out of my business.

I e-mailed her and told her that I had joined a parachute club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You are 73 years old, and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I told her that I even got a membership card and e-mailed a copy to her.

She immediately telephoned me, "Good grief, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, I'm in trouble again; I really don't know what to do... I signed up for five jumps a week."

The line went quiet and her friend picked up the phone and said that my daughter had fainted.

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier but sometimes it can be fun.

trialbyerror Wrote:Got this on my e_mail ring tody

Reminds me of me

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me again asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.

“Like sitting around the pool and drinking wine is not a good thing”, I said.

Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She was "only thinking of me" she said, and suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys.

I did this and when I got home last night I decided to teach her a lesson about staying out of my business.

I e-mailed her and told her that I had joined a parachute club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You are 73 years old, and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I told her that I even got a membership card and e-mailed a copy to her.

She immediately telephoned me, "Good grief, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, I'm in trouble again; I really don't know what to do... I signed up for five jumps a week."

The line went quiet and her friend picked up the phone and said that my daughter had fainted.

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier but sometimes it can be fun.

OMG!!!! Now THATS my kind of man!!!! LMAO
Rofl

Oh, shit, duckie...well played for that guy, well played..

sure, younger folks start to get worried about old people sanity so the try to throw them in with other old people

You are one of those older folks that prove us all wrong..considering how active, outdoorsy and energetic you seem to be...hehehe

Oh, this was fun..