Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older Man Younger Man
Hi guys! HELP ME! I'm 50ish, but a YOUNG 50ish...I've met a guy who's 26...I've NEVER been interested in younger guys, til him...he's cute, funny, and exactly my type. A big husky butch boy and definitely gay and definitely out. I get the idea he's flirting with me and I'm flirting back, as much as I can...I'm not out...is this doomed? Do I just decide we're friends and go from there and enjoy that? I've NEVER felt this way about someone this age!!!!!! I HATE IT and LOVE IT! Truly, haven't felt this way about a guy in MANY years!

welcome to gayspeak

its love so anything goes
take things VERY slooow, i have a daughter from a straight relationship that is older than that. I cant see how it is worth your or his effort. Sorry.

yikes! thanks...that's what I'm thinking, but jeez the feeling! After so many years not feeling this...you know?

there is nothing wrong, just the success rate is low low low
can he be your friend?

oh hell yeah! friends now! I just get the feeling that he is flirting...prolly mistaken...but fun feelings either way.

enjoy than
it would be interesting to hear from the younger group here.

definitely enjoying...just already dreading the ending if that's the way it goes...
I'm such a pessimist!! ;o)

I think if he's mature enough it will work. that's usually the deal breaker in relationships with a large age gap, the younger person hasn't matured and the older person knows its not worth the time and effort.

I'm a pessimist too Confusedmile:
If I were in your shoes I'd have lots of questions like: what's his father like (hopefully older than you, j/k) are there are any paternal issues, perhaps you have lots of money, etc. But I do this with all my relationships (even the money part, though I don't have any)

It sounds more likely that he wants to be friends and is just the overly flirtatious type (there are lots of people like that). However it you genuinely have a lot of things in common (I don't mean sexual things) and given time his interest in you increases a lot, then you two may have a chance.

DO NOT enter into any kind of relationship "dreading the ending" , I did this with my current relationship and it only served to make me miserable until I forced myself to stop. You two need time to realize what level of relationship is right for you (probably not a romantic one), but who knows.

OK I can speak from experience my lover of one year is 20 I am 51 we are very much in love and have lived together for some time we met right here on this site.
It all depends on you and him.
are you willing to to work on this relationship or throw your chance at love away????