Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older guy crush.
So it has been a while since my last post. I just want to share a bit of what's been going on. So I have this crush with an older guy at work. He's in his 40's. I don't know if he knows I'm gay or not. He's never been married and he doesn't have a girl friend. We don't get to talk often, but lately we've been working together so we've gotten to know each other a little bit, and last weekend he invited me to play pool and a dinner after. It was nice. But it was kind of awkward for some reason. He is very nice. He asked me if I wanted to play pool at 4 pm and on his text he asked if that was a good time for me. The dinner after wasn't planned, he just asked me during the time we were playing pool. Every time he made a great shot, I would say, "Great shot", and he would always reply, "Thank you." You know that feeling after a date you feel kind of awkward when you see that same person the next day. It was the same feeling that Monday when I saw him at the office. Now I don't want to assume anything other than him just being nice and being friendly. I might be getting the wrong impression because he said told me one time he went to a strip club and asked, "Is that something you want to do?", I said, "No, I don't do strip club." I haven't told him that I'm gay. I don't know how to tell anyone that I just met that I am. I don't know why. But anyways, that's what's going on. Did I mention, that he offered me a ride when he invited me to play pool. Anyways, he did, but I told him that I would meet him there, just because I didn't want him to have to drive me back home because he lived further then I was from the club. What do you guys think? Am I getting the wrong impression? Is he just being nice? And should I tell him that I am gay?

Well if he is a nice guy and you tell him then he should understand. Maybe wait to get to know him even better and establish an friendship of sorts. It is very hard to tell sometimes. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm a blunt and direct guy. My advice may not work out but I'd just man up and say it.

djharris79 Wrote:So it has been a while since my last post. I just want to share a bit of what's been going on. So I have this crush with an older guy at work. He's in his 40's. I don't know if he knows I'm gay or not. He's never been married and he doesn't have a girl friend. We don't get to talk often, but lately we've been working together so we've gotten to know each other a little bit, and last weekend he invited me to play pool and a dinner after. It was nice. But it was kind of awkward for some reason. He is very nice. He asked me if I wanted to play pool at 4 pm and on his text he asked if that was a good time for me. The dinner after wasn't planned, he just asked me during the time we were playing pool. Every time he made a great shot, I would say, "Great shot", and he would always reply, "Thank you." You know that feeling after a date you feel kind of awkward when you see that same person the next day. It was the same feeling that Monday when I saw him at the office. Now I don't want to assume anything other than him just being nice and being friendly. I might be getting the wrong impression because he said told me one time he went to a strip club and asked, "Is that something you want to do?", I said, "No, I don't do strip club." I haven't told him that I'm gay. I don't know how to tell anyone that I just met that I am. I don't know why. But anyways, that's what's going on. Did I mention, that he offered me a ride when he invited me to play pool. Anyways, he did, but I told him that I would meet him there, just because I didn't want him to have to drive me back home because he lived further then I was from the club. What do you guys think? Am I getting the wrong impression? Is he just being nice? And should I tell him that I am gay?

I just woke up and haven't finished my coffee yet, but why not mention how much you enjoyed the pool game and dinner and suggest you do it again soon.

THEN, when you're out with him again, casually steer the conversation towards your romantic inclinations.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Smile