Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older man, we had some fun, found out he's on tv...
Well most friendships start with a handshake instead of a handjob, but what the heck! Don't let a handjob stand in the way of a friendship. If he's prone to too many 'lapses in judgement,' you can always end the friendship then. Now that sex is out of the way, what will be the basis of your friendship?

What an interesting situation... I don't know, just go with it if you want.

I really don't see what would be wrong with letting this be a casual friendship. I wouldn't invest too much in the arrangement, but a handjob and a kiss do not have to lead to automatic distancing. As long as the guy doesn't turn out to be a jerk, what the hell. It may just be that he ends up being interesting to hang out with once in a while.
I bid NO Trump!

Camfer Wrote:Now that sex is out of the way, what will be the basis of your friendship?

That's what my friend keeps asking. I suppose we don't have an awful lot in common, we've chatted about theatre and cars, but mostly general stuff. There are people I've have a lot more in common with but I wouldn't want to spend five minutes in their company! He makes me laugh and he tells entertaining anecdotes. I like being around him, I suppose my worry is that I am still physically attracted to him and what if friendship turns out not to be enough? I think I'm willing to risk it though - we're meeting tonight!

I'm not convinced. He's in a relationship with another guy but wants to put you in the friend zone.

Suggest that you all go out to dinner together. You'll know soon enough about the strength of your friendship.

He sounds like a collector.

mvoco Wrote:That's what my friend keeps asking. I suppose we don't have an awful lot in common, we've chatted about theatre and cars, but mostly general stuff. There are people I've have a lot more in common with but I wouldn't want to spend five minutes in their company! He makes me laugh and he tells entertaining anecdotes. I like being around him, I suppose my worry is that I am still physically attracted to him and what if friendship turns out not to be enough? I think I'm willing to risk it though - we're meeting tonight!

You are going to end up hurt, badly hurt.

Stop.

Cease.

Turn Back

Whatever, you won't listen to old age and experience...

Last warning:

This isn't going to end well.

I understand the warnings, they've been ringing in my mind, and I understand how frustrating it is for someone to ask for advice and then ignore it! I still appreciate all replies.

So, we went for a drink tonight. His partner joined us after about an hour on his way from something else. They don't live together. And he hasn't told his partner what happened between us; no point rocking the boat. He just said we met at a bar - true - and we both like talking cars - also true! His partner seems a nice guy and the evening was enjoyable and surprisingly not as awkward as I would have imagined. Even though there were a few moments after his partner arrived when all I could think was 'I gave your fella a handjob!'

They don't seem very couple but that might just be in public. They both seem like decent, fun guys, it's just a shame I have a massive crush on one of them. I'm not sure I could do nights like this too regularly, despite it being enjoyable. That point when we all said goodby and they went home together... Not the best feeling.

It only becomes annoying when that person who refuses to listen to the warnings ends up on my door step at 2:30 am bawling their eyes out wanted me to fix the impossible.

And yes that has happened a lot more than I care to count.

I will never ever disrespect the privacy or out a person who in this case may be in the public eye! that is so wrong in soooooo many levels! just saying!

Friendship is fine. Just be careful with your feelings. Try and keep them platonic.