Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older man, we had some fun, found out he's on tv...
LEANDRONJ Wrote:And suppose he finally split up? anyone who splits up usually takes a long long time to finally part from a break up, and that is a fact, not something I made up! so consider yourself as a rebound, and we all know the consequences of that kind of relationship!

Sorry to sound so negative, it is not my intention! I do hope things can work out for both of you! but if you still want to proceed with this "temporary high" love affair, do it with caution, because if you ignore the possible consequences, that temporary high is going to take you down fast!

Let's be honest though - it sounds like he just went back to his partner (n.ow ex) for stability, but it sounds like they were never truly back together - just offering an amount of support for each other while they had nothing else (although we are only seeing this from the OP's PoV).

To the OP - don't get too caught up by this till you know where you stand. Personally, I think you have taken the right steps (hand job aside) to get close to someone you like, while not breaking the boundaries of his relationship once you knew about it. A lot of people are being super negative here for whatever reason, but I personally don't think you have done much wrong. The main thing to do now is to be honest with him about what you want - you don't want to continue in this weird state of unknowing at the moment forever.

Also screw the age gap worry - sounds like you get on just fine.

I guess it was inevitable that he and his 'partner' would break up.

^ Makes for a better story :p

Rareboy Wrote:I guess it was inevitable that he and his 'partner' would break up.

As most of you already know I had a very similar situation with a friend of mine, whose relationship was on the rocks! I was very much tempted to proceed and get sexually involved with him, because at the time he was very vulnerable and gave me mixed signals to make a move on him, but you know what I decided to back away! and guess what!? he is back together with his partner, and I was so relieved and happy to see them back together again, after a four month split!

It's the second time (as far as I know) that he and his partner have split up. I don't know any of the details, except that last time a woman was involved. I do like him a lot and whilst I don't believe he's a user (deliberately) I can't help but be wary of the fact he left his partner for someone else before and ended up going back to him a year or so later. For that reason, until I'm certain i'm not some temporary fantasy I've decided to keep things platonic. Like I said, I don't think he'd lead me on unintentionally but I do think he's quite a romantic and his theatrical nature I suspect leads him to being a little melodramatic. As someone said to me today - actors love to be in love. So for now, it's friends only.

mvoco Wrote:It's the second time (as far as I know) that he and his partner have split up. I don't know any of the details, except that last time a woman was involved. I do like him a lot and whilst I don't believe he's a user (deliberately) I can't help but be wary of the fact he left his partner for someone else before and ended up going back to him a year or so later. For that reason, until I'm certain i'm not some temporary fantasy I've decided to keep things platonic. Like I said, I don't think he'd lead me on unintentionally but I do think he's quite a romantic and his theatrical nature I suspect leads him to being a little melodramatic. As someone said to me today - actors love to be in love. So for now, it's friends only.

Please know that my opinions aren't meant to sabotage your chances for love, not at all! I just don't want to see anyone in your situation get emotionally crushed. Mvoco whether one can or cannot go through something we desire and deserve, that is not as important as the emotional scars love can and will leave deep in our hearts, and worse off our negative perceptions of it because we can't get what we so want and deserve!? From experience I suggest you take a breather from pursuing anything beyond a friendship. 99.9% of the time when partners split up taking a breather from love is a MUST for healing.