Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omg backstreetboys has a new album :o
I'm just saying....What? I can't be the only BSB fan here D:

lol,

You're not, but I think BSB was a product of it's generation. I think die-hard fans would
love them still, but with what the current interests of this generation, I don't think
a lot of people will take to them like how they did Justin Beiber or whoever is the/
current 'it' person is.

Plus I prefer my boy bands wearing baggy pants, neon jackets singing about
dancing and the like ;D

Their sound's much more mature now, it feels strange...

I'm not ashamed. They're later albums are actually not bad at all. And no one can deny they can sing they're asses off.

Mick

I can't open the links but I just saw something called In a World Like This that mentioned gay marriage, so that's nice of them.

Having said that, I've always found boys bands disturbing and sordid, I can't really explain why. It's a bit like prostitution. It's not art, it's not good music, everyone's in it for the money and this attracts all kinds of undesirable people.

It comes as no surprise that former members of these bands usually have no success in the industry once their bands end. BSB seem to be an exception, I'm glad they're still together and doing good music.

FACT: A former boys band that was huge in the 90s was in the news recently, none of them is doing well today and a couple of them didn't even want to show their faces to the cameras.

MisterLove Wrote:It comes as no surprise that former members of these bands usually have no success in the industry once their bands end.

Remember what happened to that cute blond guy from Westlife?

I liked Backstreet Boys when I was younger. I will have to listen to the new album.
An eye for an eye

MisterLove Wrote:Having said that, I've always found boys bands disturbing and sordid, I can't really explain why. It's a bit like prostitution. It's not art, it's not good music, everyone's in it for the money and this attracts all kinds of undesirable people.
But it's not supposed to be about art or good music anyway. It's just about having fun and living the moment.

I actually liked these new songs, but I don't find them nearly as fun as in the late 90s.

I don't know how I feel about them,
coming back up out of nowhere....

The 90's were my prepubescent years,
and things were different back then...
innocent, fresh, new, and exciting...

They feel a little dusty to me...

"Backstreet Boys" doesn't really fit them anymore...
It's a little painful to witness... and really weird...
They're all old... unattractive... creepers now...

I'll remember them as they used to be,
and keep them in the 90's where they belong.

Good for them for trying though.

I guess they all ran out of money,
and needed to do something
before starving to death...
so I understand it...
I just don't know if I approve of it...

meh...

"In A World Like This" ain't bad,
but, I wouldn't go out of my way
making it part of my playlist anytime soon.

"One Phone Call".... I hung up on that one... nuff said..

backstreet creepers......I LIKE IT!!!!!! lol

Mick