Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omg what a wedding and we're crushing on the Groomsman
I'm exhausted. But we survived.

As I mentioned from the couch on Friday, this past weekend was a family wedding on our farm...outdoor ceremony at the rose arbour in the long lawn....big marquee up in the upper west lawn......filled with birch trees lit with thousands of small lights and candles......

And it rained and rained and rained just as the ceremony was ending.

But among the young people who were in the wedding party...we absolutely fell madly in love with one groomsman and his incredible wife. They were always there to offer help and support in the last two days of preparation and were just the most adorable pair we've met in years. I'm sure that he at least is playing for both teams although he may not realize it yet...

I honestly wished they were my nephew and niece-in-law.......

We had a roast pig and epic pot-luck meal with some amazing dishes......and tons of wine and craft beer.....

About 30 people pitched tents in the orchard....although by the time it was after midnight.....we were clearing the floor in the big tent and people were bringing their tents up to the big tent.

I never want to do it again...but it was a great wedding!

Now I must sleep.

You had me at 30 guys pitching tents...
Mmmh!!
^^^^^^^

I 'm trolling you..

Glad you had a great time.

also...it was a zero waste event. 150 people and we didn't produce a single bag of garbage. Food is composted, the paper separated out and all the rest into container recycling and all the leftover food got sent away with the folks travelling to their next destination. This was one of the goals of the couple who are eco-conscious.