Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On and off conversation
So I been talking to this guy online for quite some time. And our conversations are short (one or two responses) decent amount for talking online. Sometimes I'll reply to a message and he'll read it but not answer it (is think, idk what goes on the otherside.) So I'll give it a fewhile days or even weeks before I start another conversation.

Now I find him really attractive and I know he's looming for friends and seeing where that goes (as am I, though ultimately I want LTR.) Any whooooooo, the point is on a different app. He has his instagram posted would it be weird/creepy if I followed him?

I don't think it would be that weird if you followed him on Instagram, no. At least he knows who you are and you have been talking. I don't have Instagram, but how I understand it is you get lots of followers, including random strangers so I wouldn't find it strange if it were me.

As for the rest, do you want to meet this guy? I can see you are shy, and I am too (though I was even more shy before I went out and properly started dating people, now I am not quite so shy), but if you have been talking for some time and the conversation isn't that deep, it may be worth suggesting a meet up and seeing what he says, that is the only way you are going to get a proper feel for him, and if things go well, properly get to know him.

To answer your question [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION] yes I do want to meet him. I just hope when I do ask it's not at the random times where he disappears. But I am a persistent person, but if someone else comes along I will leave him be, I won't miss an opportunity.

shykid25 Wrote:To answer your question [MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION] yes I do want to meet him. I just hope when I do ask it's not at the random times where he disappears. But I am a persistent person, but if someone else comes along I will leave him be, I won't miss an opportunity.

Sounds like a good plan, best not to put all your eggs into one basket so to speak.

There is nothing weird about following him on Instagram. If he posted his Instagram, he wants people to follow him.
Don't worry so much. When I got very many new whatsapp messages and don't have much time, I also sometimes don't even answer my very best friends. I plan to answer them later when I'm not so busy (because sometimes you have to think about what to answer), and than I forget. That doesn't mean they are not important to me. And they also do the same.
But that You wait a few days until starting a new conversation is the right thing to do. Never give anyone the impression you are too easy to have or chasing after him.

Thanks guys great advice!

Baloo Wrote:But that You wait a few days until starting a new conversation is the right thing to do. Never give anyone the impression you are too easy to have or chasing after him.

Desperation is a huge turnoff.

Agree, following on instagram, facebook, etc, is not necessarily creepy.

Going through and commenting on each and every photo, a bit creepy.

Stalking his location, or trying to contact exes, very creepy. (Happened to my fiance the first day he came over my apartment.)

Maintaining appropriate boundaries can be difficult with social apps. Currently, my fiance and I are not linked on social media at all. Partly due to the stalker, but also because some of his "followers" were adding drama in his life because of our age difference (21/52.)