Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the great priviledges of the 1st World
That so often goes unappreciated until you travel to places that don't have them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-30027513
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

hahaha exactly!

Makes me rather thankful for my tiny lil bathroom.

Years ago while travelling through China, I was in the country and indicated that I needed a lavatory. What I was show was a pigsty.......complete with pig!

I am appalled at the Brazilian girl who takes ten minutes to shower. An average shower uses 40 litres of water. Ten minutes under the shower will use considerably more than that. She obviously has no qualms about using so much perfectly clean drinking water to satisfy her whim while those living in the "favelas" probably don't even have running water. Time that the world woke up to the fact that water, like so many other things we take for granted, is a finite resource.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm very happy for my clean, little bathroom.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LONDONER Wrote:Years ago while travelling through China, I was in the country and indicated that I needed a lavatory. What I was show was a pigsty.......complete with pig!

I am appalled at the Brazilian girl who takes ten minutes to shower. An average shower uses 40 litres of water. Ten minutes under the shower will use considerably more than that. She obviously has no qualms about using so much perfectly clean drinking water to satisfy her whim while those living in the "favelas" probably don't even have running water. Time that the world woke up to the fact that water, like so many other things we take for granted, is a finite resource.

I measure my showers in songs and try to be done in a little over one (3 minutes and change). I wish I could get my boyfriend into the same mindset.

Part of the problem in 3rd world countries is they just don't like modern facilities. Then there's governmental red tape, the money and the toilet nazis.

India as example.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-03...-them.html

Virge Wrote:Part of the problem in 3rd world countries is they just don't like modern facilities. Then there's governmental red tape, the money and the toilet nazis.

India as example.

EDIT: CANT EVEN QUOTE A LINK.. ARGH

not gonna say i LOVE modern facilities but it's better than pissing in your backyard. have some tact, people!

Having done third and second world, I'll take first