Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year ago
I have been unemployed for a year. This makes me feel worthless. It's so hard to get a job And I can't really return to school until I get some money. This makes me feel like I'm just not doing anything with my life.

mbennet35 Wrote:I have been unemployed for a year. This makes me feel worthless. It's so hard to get a job And I can't really return to school until I get some money. This makes me feel like I'm just not doing anything with my life.

Trust me Bennie, of everyone here, I may understand you the most right now.

I've been unemployed since October(day after my birthday lol) and while friends sometimes(not often enough Sad ) came over, I did feel very bored and listless, being young and at home.

I'm used to being outdoors often, but when most of your friends are at school or at work, and you don't have a lot of money to treat yourself to something, staying at home becomes like the thing to do.

But trust me, it will get better. Try to look for any and all jobs. I'm even going back to work as a Beach Attendant, which I hated so bad, just so I can have money and get out the house again.

Even janitorial, don't feel too proud gurl.

Money is money lol.

Please, sincerely don't feel too bad, I honestly understand COMPLETELY.

Hands-make-heart

If you had like whatsapp or BBM or something, I'd gladly talk to ya gurl :p

Sister to sister

(And I'm not just trynna perv ya for your voice lol :p )

Chin up Sheep

Well, I just found out today that I have ONE more month of unemployment money coming, even though they told me I had ONE YEAR of it when I signed up!!!!!!

They just passed new laws on this stuff this past December, and NOBODY at the Unemployment offices knows ANYTHING about these new laws!!!!! Freeking morons.

So, I may be living out of my truck come March.

You're lucky you have a place to live.

... So after I graduate, apparently I'm buying a big mansion and you can all live in it. :L

Seriously though Mbennet, your worth isn't tied to a job. I'm sure you mean something to your family. If you keep trying, you will eventually find a job --- and it'll probably be shitty, but you'll have it. Once you have a job, maybe take out some loans and go to school while working part time --- if you save some money (like $150-$200) you can pay off over half of your loan each year, so it won't be too bad (basing this off tuition price where I live, hopefully you don't live in one of those ridiculous places where tuition ALONE exceeds the 10 000 mark).

I don't know what I'd do without my horrible part time job. I really hope you can get something soon Smile.

I agree with Kuma-Wooly, a sense of self-worth should not be tied down to momentaneous set-backs

Now, you know my stance on this...

stalk those employers until they are left with no choice but to hire you..

yes, It may take time, yes, it will be small petty jobs, but you must..

keep trying, incesantly

I'm with you meebs, just hang in there and keep trying....... Bighug

I hate human society.

Two questions everybody asks:

1. Are you married?

2. What do you do? (for a living).

Both of these questions annoy the crap out of me, the first makes the assumption that no one is anyone until they are part of a couple.

The latter pins a lot of a persons 'value' on what it is they do for a living.

These are both bullshyt indicators of what a person really is.

That last question - what do you do, doesn't hinge on if you have a job, but people make all these assumptions about you depending on what you do for a living. That really grinds it there, people assume much about a person...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:2. What do you do? (for a living).

All the time Sad

It's depressing and makes me feel worthless, even though it shouldn't. There was a time it didn't but as time progressed.......