Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Wedding
Hello all.

I'm planning to get married soon to my husband to be and looking if current married gay or lesbian couples can share some of their wedding ideas to me.

Here's what my fiance and I have in mind. We both want to have a living room wedding at his home, however, i'm planning to surprise him when I'm walking down the aisle with my wedding gown and veil. We would like to have a violinist play and perhaps a flower girl leading me to him.

Any other ideas to make my wedding memorable

One of the problems that some gay couples notice when making wedding arrangements is when a wedding planner or caterer use fiancee instead of fiance to describe your partner. It's always a good idea to check ahead of time to make sure the invitations have the correct spelling prior to being mailed..

Another thing is to make sure the Marriage Officiant knows he/she is officiating a same-sex-wedding. It can turn ugly real quick when the Officiant suddenly realizes that he/she is about to marry a gay couple... They can refuse to officiate the wedding at the last minute.

And,, don't be surprised when you discover that you get less back when filing your tax return. The "Marriage Penalty" really does exist!!!!

Good luck,,, and I hope you have a wonderful wedding & and wonderful future together.

Sincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Thanks for the reply.

I have started looking for officiants who have previously done same sex marriage ceremonies.

In fact, Im already close with some of them and they are helping me.
I need check out the tax code in Georgia -Gabriella xoxoxo