Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Dating The (I'm looking for)
I meet my current girlfriend of 2 years and 3 months on a dating website called OkCupid, which is for both straight and gay.

My dad and stepmom met through dating chatrooms about 12 years ago as well. The distance for them was Minnesota (Me and my dad) to Florida (Stepmom). For me and my girlfriend, I was in Florida and she was in Guam when we first met. Then she moved back to California where she was born, then she flew out to see me.

It ain't gonna work for everyone, but it's definitely possible. Just try and find honesty. I made a point to be honest in my profile that I wasn't in college, I didn't have a car, I did have a full time job and I was living with a roommate. I mean, that to me sounds like a loser (which I thought I was and still sorta do), but if you're gonna try and find someone who's happy with who you are as a person, they need to know the facts.

Me and my girlfriend chatted through combinations of MSN messenger, e-mails, and Skype. She even bought me a webcam for Christmas (2 months after we met online) so I could properly chat with her. Smile

It's worth a shot, definitely can work.

iPromise Wrote:What is it that you looked for in a gay if you've ever dated online.
I started looking for the ideal man, someone my age, into sportbikes, likes to work on honda cars, healthy habits such as curb the alcohol, dress well... Never found the guy as a gay man. So slowly widened the search. Good and bad met some interesting people. I kinda look at it now as there are deal breakers but its not so much about common interests but what can they bring to the table so we add up to just more than 2.

iPromise Wrote:what how do you distinguish from the guys are are genuine from the guys who are just in it for hooking up.
If i felt i could learn something from the guy, he looked interesting, i would hookup, date whatever. I wold tell the guy what I would need and expect him to tell me his needs. I never cared that much if things didnt worked out, i let them know that up front.

my current partner of 2-3 years was a hookup and we were both were cheating on someone when we met. We have been through a lot. I came out of the closet and ended a straight marriage. He sat with me while my mother died. bought me my first burberry. i got him the one job interview that worked out.

I cant say if i have done the right thing, the relationship is a lot of work but together we have done a lot for each other too