Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Dating The (I'm looking for)
What is it that you looked for in a gay if you've ever dated online.

Or if you're considering online dating, what how do you distinguish from the guys are are genuine from the guys who are just in it for hooking up.

Have you ever dated online before? Would you do it? Why? Why not?

- Curious -

Oh God NEVER again. Two dates, two disasters... people like to hold back on the honesty when it comes to those sites. First one was no good and wouldn't take the hint... kept calling and calling... second one I couldn't get through dinner fast enough and actually bit my lip so that I could pretend I had a cold sore instead of kissing him at the end of the night lol

I met my first bf and now ex online. Dlist.com which is now shut down. He was pretty awesome and genuine online. It really matters on the person. Lots of people lie but some are genuine and nice. We went from Dlist to WoW and finally met a month or so later. I didn't ask a lot about him online so I was slightly surprised by a few things but not in a bad way. Just gotta be lucky I guess.

I think online dating should be approached with caution. I don't think the option should be ruled out because I am a believer of adapt or perish, and digital media is the way of the future.

I would chat for a while, talk on the phone and get to know a person before meeting for a physical date.

I have in the past met guys from online dating.

1) was a shopping date that ended with a coffee and him saying 'I'll call you so we can do this again'....8 years and still waiting.

2) Coffee date. I turned up 10 minutes early of the planned time to meet and found my 'coffee date' already seated with an empty plate where a cake was and sipping the last of his coffee. I sat down, he smiled and said 'I've already had my coffee, would you like to go back to my place?'...I smiled in reply and informed him that he was a rude C and based on his behaviour in the last 30 seconds, I wouldn't even piss on him if he were on fire...the turned and left the Cafe.

There are more, but they are the most notable...oh yeah, then there was the biter whose profile specified that he was 'Gentle' and 'not kinky' and prefered 'Vanilla'...lucky he didn't get thumped for biting me Smile

I'm comfortable without a partner so I've never felt a need for them, and would likely feel the same in an isolated rural region. But if I ever did decide to meet up online it would have to be as friends that MIGHT LTR, not jump off into actual dating. That would frustrate those looking to dive into a sexual relationship right away.

The upside of being a lesbian is that I think I'd have a lot less to worry about than those looking for men but fearing a cheap hookup (not to say it never happens, but it seems far less likely). OTOH, I have a real fear of stalking, and we have U-Haul Syndrome which has thrown many lives into chaos by getting so tangled with up with a stranger and then financially encouraged to try to "work it out" when it's hopeless (though to be fair I did let someone move in almost immediately once we started dating and it worked out well for years, but then we did already know each other and went on a road trip together first, so that helped).

Wow, you've all got some stories I like! Tongue That's the point of this topic. I read a research that the internet is the ideal place for gays to meet.

Being that, one they can easily weed out the straights so they don't get in trouble there. And two they can view all of their options, what the researchers didn't cover though is how difficult it is to find a genuine gay.

well i think the one guy i met and actually spent time talking to on the phone only wanted me for sex. at least thats what my friend thought.

Did you actually meet him in person? Did he want sex?

iPromise Wrote:Wow, you've all got some stories I like! Tongue That's the point of this topic. I read a research that the internet is the ideal place for gays to meet.

Being that, one they can easily weed out the straights so they don't get in trouble there. And two they can view all of their options, what the researchers didn't cover though is how difficult it is to find a genuine gay.

Genuine gay?

It's just hard to find genuine PEOPLE.

Some comedienne once said about dating, it's nothing more than trying to cover up as many character defects as possible.

Icon16

Dating is tough, gay or straight. And I can say that, having done a little of both.

Just take it easy, stay casual, try to have fun and if something develops then, hey, you beat the odds.

Good luck.

LateBloomer Wrote:It's just hard to find genuine PEOPLE.

ohhhh that is soooo true!!