Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Dating advice needed
It's a bit new to me over the last few months...but...I met this guy on a gay dating website and he wanted me to add him on facebook, and so I did. I'm not sure if he wants to be in a relationship or not, though when I asked him just one time, he said he wasn't sure...

And now I'm not so sure I really should've added him. He's always busy, and it's difficult to talk to him because I don't know what to talk about that hasn't already been said, and I don't want to press the relationship card on him. I keep telling myself "be patient now..." but...frankly, I don't think I know what I'm doing. Ummm...any advice out there?

He does flirt, but, rarely. (And, it's only been a week...am I panicking waaaay too soon?) :confused:

A week? Yes, that's a clear case of premature panic. A week is hardly enough time to shake hands! What's with this need for instant gratification?

If you want to see where it goes just be friends. Otherwise just let it drift away. You can easily "unfriend" him. Having said that, if you can't find areas to discuss at this stage, you may be flogging the proverbial dead horse.

You should also be aware that some people are just flirtatious, and some people will ask guys to be on their facebook right away, etc. So are you sure you haven't read too much into things? Which isn't to say a relationship isn't possible but these things aren't always instantaneous... why not just be friends and focus on trying to hang out some time?

Ah, don't worry about it, just think of it as a fling or something. IF something happens, it will happen, don't try to start anything now. Give it time and be open to other opportunities.

Hmmm...I guess I really shouldn't be panicking, especially over something like this...it's been awhile since my last relationship...just one thing..and I'm sure it's practically nothing as these things happen, but he does live on the east coast and I live near the west coast...